thoughtless, insensitive doctors

mad4babies

Reaction score
I went to the GP today for help and support after just completing my third miscarriage. I am 40 years old so the GP said "It is expected at your age" and "If you have another miscarriage at least you have your other lovely children". I was left so upset that 1, she assumed that it was my age and didn't even discuss other options and 2, that she dismissed my grief for my babies because I am lucky to have other children. She might have well got the book of 'what not to say when you have a miscarriage' out. I couldn't believe that someone in the medical profession could be so thoughtless. It took me months to start talking about my miscarriages and took me a lot of courage to go and see her but I will never do it again. I believe that the only people that you should talk to about miscarriage are the people who have been unfortunate themselves to have gone through a similar experience

Sorry for your loss. I am at lot younger than you and have also had two miscarriages so Im not convinced its because youre 40! That was rude and insensitive. Its worth seeing another GP and asking for a recurrent miscarriage referral as it could be something simple. Sending sticky baby dust your way x

For them , they see these things all the time, so I'm sure it becomes routine for them, just like some other medical condition. Sad. :(

I'm so sorry for your loss, I hope you can find a doctor who is more sympathetic. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->