Thoughts on influencing the babys sex??

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by priddy, Apr 14, 2009.

1. priddy

priddy Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any experience of the wives tales working to influence the sex of your baby?? Im really not bothered either way as long as I have a healthy baby but just wondered everyones thoughts!
    Also trying to find ways to make the next 7 days go quick till time to :sex: lol

2. caz81

caz81 Well-Known Member

not sure, although i think there is some truth in some of it, there are loads more boys in our school now than girls and i always wondered why that is, apparently if you bd when you are actually ovulating then you are more likely to have a boy and with opks now i bet more people are tracking it and therefore having more boys! xx

3. jeanettekaren

jeanettekaren Mummy to Finn

I've heard that too. BD'ing the day of O or the day before and you are more likely to have a boy, any earlier and you are apparently more likely to have a girl. Something to do with females being a hardier breed or something like that :rofl:

4. BradysMum

BradysMum Well-Known Member

Lol I've heard that too. I just put it all down to genetics. DH has 2 brothers and a sister, we have a son. I was the only girl of 6 grandchildren, and my Dad had 3 brothers.