Thoughts on solids at 4 months?

I think babies get excited at putting anything in their mouths at 4 months tbh. I weaned early due to weight gain issues, but I don't think you should if there isn't a problem.

My little boy is 18 weeks and is having 8oz of hungry milk every three hours. He sleeps from 7-3 and then has around 6oz and then sleeps to 7.30am.

I was thinking of introducing a small amount of pureed fruit and veg and perhaps some baby rice, are pureed foods considered as solids or are we talking chunks of food here?

I really am in two minds but he is such a hungry little monster!! :)

Just wanted to edit this to say I'm not thinking of introducing these because I want him to 'sleep through', I know he is sleeping well, I just think he's having an awful lot of milk. He is probably around 17lbs at the moment, he has gained weight quite quickly since birth.

Shovelling rubbish into a baby's mouth at 4 months cos u think that's the correct age to wean = bad..may lead to problems, pointless

Using common sense, seeing baby is ready for food as a mother and person with an iota of intelligence, giving baby healthy, easy to digest/swallow food, baby eats the food and digests it well..but happens to be younger than 6 months = happy baby, no problem

Source: myself et al (2013), weaned baby at 4 months and now have the happiest, healthiest baby of all the babies I know!

The debate rumbles on... Poor people who post about 4 month Olds weaning have NO idea what a can of worms they open!

I don't believe early weaning has harmed my son in any way, I just don't believe there's much point getting messy before 6 months for no reason :lol:

My little boy is 18 weeks and is having 8oz of hungry milk every three hours. He sleeps from 7-3 and then has around 6oz and then sleeps to 7.30am.

I was thinking of introducing a small amount of pureed fruit and veg and perhaps some baby rice, are pureed foods considered as solids or are we talking chunks of food here?

I really am in two minds but he is such a hungry little monster!! :)

Just wanted to edit this to say I'm not thinking of introducing these because I want him to 'sleep through', I know he is sleeping well, I just think he's having an awful lot of milk. He is probably around 17lbs at the moment, he has gained weight quite quickly since birth.

solids is anything other than milk, so any food. TBH I don't think 8oz every three hours is all that much, if your baby is still sleeping well then I really wouldn't rush. Rice and most vegetable and fruit purees contain virtually no calories and fats at all in comparison to milk; they also contain virtually no protein, so they are a lot less filling than milk :flower: My LOs always slept worse and if anything breastfed more or increased the oz they took a bit after starting solids because of this, even though they were bottomless pits when it came to solids from the start, its just that milk is that bit much more filling for them xx

Thank you for your advice, I will try and wait it out a bit longer with him and see how we get on

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->