thrush that doesnt seem to want to go away?

porkypig

Reaction score
i got thrush bout a month ago took a pill and kinds went for a bit then came back and is still there, its more of the dryness and soreness as opposed to the actual discharge (sorry tmi). i took another pill last wed but its still not gone. why is this? why is it not clearing??? xxx:cry:

I've read that natural, live yogurt is really good for it. If you google 'home cures for thrush' it will give you lots of options you can try yourself.

Are you sure its thrush? I would go to your gp and they will probably do a swab to make sure.

well i had a smear and it came back clear but they said that i had thrush (which i kinda knew already) x

Do you have a partner? I once had thrush that kept coming back and its because my partner wasn't getting treated at the same time, men can carry it without showing symptoms.

yes my husband sometimes says he's a bit sore/dry etc down there too. i wonder if he can take canestan too? thanks hun, i didnt think of this xx

My OH just used the cream for a week, I'm not sure about the tablet though maybe ask at the pharmacy x

Your OH can just use the cream - mine has and does! I suffer with thrush (usually if I change my washing powder/soap). If you've changed yours recently maybe that might be why too?

Definitely get your husband to use the canesten cream as well and use the cream yourself as well as the tablet .... I've never found the tablet sufficient to clear it on it's own :hugs:

One good tip is to coat a small tampon with the cream and pop it in for a couple of hours in the morning and before bed ...

also - try to wear loose-ish underwear and always cotton, don't use perfumed soaps etc down there, treat yourself to a good slathering of natural bio yoghurt after every wee, don't use a flannel to wash down there and only pat dry (never rub) with your towel ...change the towel every time you wash as well :flower::hugs::hugs:

thanks everyone, its not to bad but enough to be a lil irritating xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->