Thunderstorms

J

Jade--x

Anyone else absolutely LOVE them?

I saw on facebook everyone I knew saying it was thundering and lightning I was like 'It's not at my house and you live down the road :cry:' :haha:

But now its come and its like a proper storm we used to have when I was little. :happydance:

Personally I love them! Used to semi live in Canada, they were amazing there. LO seems to enjoy it too - Here's a picture of my flooded drive right now :dohh:

Safe to say I am NOT going out. Haha.

Our whole carpark was flooded and it was starting to come up the pathway..It got rid of the huge spider on my window though :haha:

The last really good storm we had was when I was alot younger and we were on holiday in a caravan in Great Yarmouth and we went and watched it on the cliffs near our caravan and you could see all this forked lightening everywhere over the sea. Was amazing and I think the whole caravan sight ended up being there at one point to watch it all lol

Attachments

• IMG-20120628-00139.jpg
    IMG-20120628-00139.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 6
Is it just me or does it seem like we had them all the time as kids and just dont get them like we used to.
I love them,i used to sit on my window sill watching them.
I remember giing camping with air cadets when i was 12 and there was this big thunderstorm so we had to stay in the changing room building scaring the hell out of each other and the storm made the sky bright pink.
Didnt like them so much in my last flat though because the building kept getting hit by lightning and it was so loud and would knock our electric out each time and the inside wall got hit by ball lightning so i hid in the hallway where there was no windows :)

Our whole carpark was flooded and it was starting to come up the pathway..It got rid of the huge spider on my window though :haha:

The last really good storm we had was when I was alot younger and we were on holiday in a caravan in Great Yarmouth and we went and watched it on the cliffs near our caravan and you could see all this forked lightening everywhere over the sea. Was amazing and I think the whole caravan sight ended up being there at one point to watch it all lol

Wow that's a lot of water! It's not like the east midlands to get this weather, loving it. I used to sit out on the deck in front of the pool in Montreal in the rain. Had an umbrella above me, sky was bright red and the rain was warm. :cloud9:Absolutely gorgeous, wish England would give us a few more of these!

For now I'm happy with my flooded drive. :haha:

I remember loads as kids I would sit at the back patio door with my dog and just watch it and now we seem to get one every few years :/ We had one a few months back at the start of the year but it was like one flash of lightening and two rumbles of thunder and it was done!
I'll never forget the huge one we had at primary school that hit the huge oak tree while we were all in assembly that come crashing down onto the playground and half the kids were like WOWWWW the others were crying scared :haha:

There was alot but as soon as the rain slowed and the drains could handle it it cleared so I can actually walk across it now lol

Yeah ours have just thinned it out and started draining it too. Slightly gutted I'll admit! My dog panicked and refuses to get out of her bed! LO was giggling at the thunder though!!

It's just started thundering again here and the rains back heavier than before and it's all just flooded again :dohh: I've seen pics of places where the water is so high it's covered cars to the roof! Think that's in Ireland.
The only thing I hate is my sky and phone keep not working!!

So far my phone/internet etc are good, hoping they stay that way! Jealous, ours looks completely dry now to be honest. Ah well, at least it was good while it lasted, can't complain! Then again if Derby still have it, it could come back to Notts! Fingers crossed x

We had a massive one here last nite my mum rang me this morning asking if i enjoyed the thunderstorm to which i said 'what thunderstorm?' Lmao apparently it was like war of the worlds outside and me, LO and the dog all slept straight through it. Quite gutted i missed it though but i always sleep really heavily when theres storms lol x

We went to Turkey in '10 and when we got to the hotel all everyone was talking about was this amazing storm they'd had and they'd never see anything like it and I missed it by half a day! I was so gutted! As much as I want a super hot holiday with the perfect weather - I would love if just one night (that didn't carry on into the day) there was a huge storm I could sit on the beach and watch!x

The flood on my drive has now completely disappeared! I had that for abour 4 hours in Montreal, beautiful! I sat out, blanket round my shoulders with my IPOD on watching the rain for hours. Stunning. Until my family told me I had to come in because I'd 'catch a cold'... In 25degrees.. -.-

The thunder and lightening have started up again here, but the rains coming and going in showers. Hopefully we'll get it tonight, eh? At least for a little while. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->