Thyroid-related infertility...again!

Wow, what an ordeal!!! I admire you for having the strenght to go on and fight for the chance to be pg again. I can't even imagine how painful it may be, having to go through this again and again. :hugs: God bless you.

Hello from the UK, I am at a loss. I am 44, I was diagnosed with an under-active thyroid, just after I had my little boy when I had just turned 40. I had no problem conceiving and have never had problems with periods. I am fit, don't smoke or drink but couldn't lose the baby weight easily. Again, the thyroid imbalance didn't help. I have been going to the doctors since, telling them how surprised I am I have not fell pregnant and did they think the thyroid is causing a problem. They said I just need to have more sex. I feel I was fobbed off because of my age, that I have a child and I feel there is a lack of understanding. So, I am now going to the Hewitt Centre, Liverpool. I had a scan today and I have one follicle, they are reluctant to treat me and think I should go down the egg donar route and/or that I am pre/menopausal or even had my menopause! However, I have been reading up a lot about the thyroid and that it releases antibodies that kill the eggs. Also my doctor thought thyroid levels of 4.9 was ok, but consultant said should be under 3 (the only kind thing he did say). In my mind I think I deserve a chance as I don't think I have been through the menupause and I think it is my thyroid causing the issues. I am devastated as I don't seem to be getting any support except an 'egg donor'! Any help or advice would be very welcome xx

Hi pixie

Gp work to a range of 0.5-5 so that's why they think your ok at 4.9

Your tsh needs to be between 1-2 for fertility so I would get your dose upped and regular monitoring till you get it between 1-2

I also have thyroid antibodies, bloody things pee me right off. I took steroids to dampen them down in my last pregnancy. It worked to an extent, I got past my crucial 6w stage and them had a placental abruption at 27w (apparently there is a link with abruption and thyroid issues too)

Back to square 1 for me, I'm just a fertility disaster

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back