Tight, Aching Hips

Linzalora

Reaction score
I'm not all that flexible to begin with, but I'm looking for ways to stretch out my hips and upper legs safely. They've been aching this past week, especially in the morning, and I need my hips to work so I can finish my morning walks comfortably. Any advice would be very welcome!

I started doing some beginner yoga it has really helped other wise i just feel like there is a ton of pressure in my hips. mine started around 8 weeks i think. Congrats :)

Oooh... Yeah, that sounds fun. How did you get started? Did you attend a class?

i youtube'd videos lol so i could just do them at home. But i have taken yoga classes before.

I've thought about taking prenatal yoga class. One yoga studio I was looking at was $16/session. I was thinking about just taking a class or two and then do the exercises at home.

I searched some videos today. Found some nice easy beginner ones- just my speed! I would love to attend a prenatal yoga class, but I doubt I'll find something near me.

Mine were really hurting today and I noticed im getting a little bit of a bump so it must be a good thing. I just need to keep up on the yoga and stretching.

I had bad spd last time and I learned two exercises in physical therapy that really helped.
1- put a small ball between your knees. Squeeze, hold for five seconds, repeat 10 times for 3 sets
2- sit with your knees together, tie a stretchy band around your thighs, open your legs slowly and hold for five seconds. Repeat 10 times for 3 sets

I did this twice a day and it helped soo much! Thinking of starting it again now before the pain even starts

Thanks for the tip! That sounds totally doable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->