• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Time Magazine and AP

perhaps it is a sexual thing... i no that my OH likes to 'play' when it comes to intimate time with them. just wouldnt feel right after 2,3,4 or more years i still had a child suckin on them... a significant child, totally different but not the same one

I guess I'm lucky. My boobs are dual function. When my baby is nomming off them, they're a food source (and the best one available for my baby!) When my husband is playing with them, they're play toys and it feels completely different.

So glad I got the dual function variety. Must suck to have single function boobies.

Oh mine are triple function! They look great in a shirt so I can also call them a fashion accessory.

Ooh! Too true. Mine look great in a shirt once I hoist them up with an industrial sized crane bra. I'll go for triple function too!

:rofl: you are too funny.
Ok let's go for quadruple function... sometimes I carry my cell phone tucked in there when I don't have pockets. Right between the boob and the bra. Oh and I hold lip balm in there too. So breasts are also a storage unit for me.

Here's the mom being interviewed: https://video.today.msnbc.msn.com/today/47385461#47385461

I don't know why FF moms think all BFing moms are judging them.

Well, magazine covers like the one featured here are a good reason/example as to why. It basically says if you aren't breast feeding or attachment parenting then you're not "mom enough." That you're not as good as those who are able to or choose to bf/ap.

I know that my first reaction to seeing the cover was geared toward the title more than the image itself. I could care less about the image, whether I support EB or not. But the title??? It just screams that those of us who choose not to AP are not as good of a parent as those of "you" who do.

That I wholeheartedly agree with. I consider myself pretty AP and I was offended reading it. The "Mommy wars" really should stop. Someone can easily be "Mom enough" with a bottle, a stroller, a crib, and CIO. I hate that the magazine made people feel otherwise. :(

I haven't read the article but the title alone made me not want to and offended me quite a bit. Even if it is a play on words ("are you man enough?") it still seems a bit too much. But I agree. The "mommy wars" definitely need to stop. A happy/healthy baby should be more important than the tools used in raising that child (obviously with a few exceptions.)

:thumbup:
perhaps it is a sexual thing... i no that my OH likes to 'play' when it comes to intimate time with them. just wouldnt feel right after 2,3,4 or more years i still had a child suckin on them... a significant child, totally different but not the same one

I guess I'm lucky. My boobs are dual function. When my baby is nomming off them, they're a food source (and the best one available for my baby!) When my husband is playing with them, they're play toys and it feels completely different.

So glad I got the dual function variety. Must suck to have single function boobies.

Oh mine are triple function! They look great in a shirt so I can also call them a fashion accessory.
:thumbup: made me laugh this.. Ive definatly got multifunctional boobies.. Fed 5 children, look great in a t-shirt ( so my oh says ) and my husbands favourite playthings lol ( which,just to carify,is a completely different feeling to nursing )

That was one incredibly bitchy thing to say about my breast!! I have some serious self conscious issues with them. My nipples aren't big enough to be able to get my LO to latch no one had helped me with n u had a few other issues too. So yes they may now be single function n I give you a great shiny medal that yours are 'double function' but for those that cannot breast feed that was incredibly rude....

I was gona come and apologise for the way I came across but it seems everybody (including myself) are too quick to judge nowadays. Such a shame as we are all here for the same reason.

So actually yes I do apologise for the things I said, but not for having an opinion

Xx

I believe the answer is because boobs are primarily sexual in most ppls eyes so ppl associate bfing with sex. Not my opinion btw!

I guess that why the picture is so shocking to the general public. Where do you normally see boobs on the cover of magazine? The top shelf. Compared to a lot of other countries, both the UK and the USA have conditioned people to look at breasts as sexual, hence this abhorrent idea of bf-ing a toddler as sexual abuse. However, unless breastfeeding is normalised (the irony at normalising something so natural but that's another debate...), this misnomer will continue. Maybe we should be reading 'Are you Mom enough...' to be "are you brave enough to stand up publicly for what you believe in?" x x

Have we bashed Ashlee B enough yet? Yeah, things were said that may have crossed lines, but give it a break and move on. I've had people jump down my throat on this site for saying things that went a little far, maybe should have been written differently and such.....but come on people! This is why people leave here, folks get so hateful. If you don't like the comments just ignore it. It's time for people to put on their big girl panties and stop letting everything get under their skin. Stop hating eachother, that's all this site has been so far this week.

Ooh! Too true. Mine look great in a shirt once I hoist them up with an industrial sized crane bra. I'll go for triple function too!

:rofl: you are too funny.
Ok let's go for quadruple function... sometimes I carry my cell phone tucked in there when I don't have pockets. Right between the boob and the bra. Oh and I hold lip balm in there too. So breasts are also a storage unit for me.

OMG, I can't believe I forgot storage unit! Definitely. Oh, and they make excellent pillows for husbands or babies. Five function boobies!

You said boobs were sexual and that's why you wouldn't feed an older baby. She just pointed out her boobd do both.

Mine apparently can't do both, so they just do dinner

That was one incredibly bitchy thing to say about my breast!! I have some serious self conscious issues with them. My nipples aren't big enough to be able to get my LO to latch no one had helped me with n u had a few other issues too. So yes they may now be single function n I give you a great shiny medal that yours are 'double function' but for those that cannot breast feed that was incredibly rude....

I was gona come and apologise for the way I came across but it seems everybody (including myself) are too quick to judge nowadays. Such a shame as we are all here for the same reason.

So actually yes I do apologise for the things I said, but not for having an opinion

Xx
It has nothing to do with breastfeeding. You are the one who said that having a child nurse off them was bad because your husband uses them as playthings... YOU implied that they can't be used for both. Mine can. You said that anyone who nurses after 6 months is disgusting, and doing it for their own sexual gratification.

I have no clue why you struggled with breastfeeding. It's not my business. You made the choices you made and that's totally your business and as long as you have happy and healthy kids, I couldn't care less what you do. But when you make comments that basically say that extended breastfeeding is bad because boobs are sexual, yes. I'm going to embrace my multifunctional boobs.

The title is obviously provocative, i only BFd for 3 weeks before I gave in and went back in my Bipolar meds (i was going insane) but to suggest we arent "mom" enough because we dont take BFing to the same extent as one woman? What about babies who self wean at 15/16mths etc, should a mother attempt to force them to reattatch as SHE wants that?

I would have happily gone till LO self weaned, I already get stick for APing anyway! Breasts have been sexualised by Western Culture, they aent actually just mens playthings. Also BFing feels ALOT different to your man playing with em, trust me!
Amazing how it changes culture to culture x

A mother that properly allows a child to self-wean will not force the child. The process will happen naturally at a pace that suits the child. Extended breastfeeding only becomes an issue if the mother insists the child continue when they are ready to stop.

I never said it was bad because oh plays with them at all.... I said he likes them wen we DTD but it freaked him out. I no other women thought this too a there were threads about wot to do when DTD n bf'in in case of milk leakage as their oh's like to play too! I never once said or implied they cant be used for both that was clearly misread. Oh n I didn't say it was disgusting past 6 months just said personally I wouldn't go beyond it but Doin past 2 is wrong. Both me n oh agree, he also did not like your breast comment either it was very degrading

Sorry if you have read things in your own interpretation or misread anything I've said. I shall say no more as this is gettin beyond silly n petty!

On the topic of multi-use boobs, it's not DH that had an issue with touching my boobs while I'm BFing. It's me that it made uncomfortable. I didn't feel like they were sexual objects anymore. They were to nurture my child and DH respected that.

I don't think it was meaning harm to moms that don't breastfeed or doesn't EB. They were meaning are you "MOM enough" to admit that you do, if you do!! I would say I am mom enough to pull up/down my shirt out in public to expose my breast and feed my child. To me they are using the word mom for brave. I feel I am brave enough to feed my daughter without caring what others around me are saying or thinking. Even when I was at a parade with tons of people, my daughter cried out came my breast. I have said this many times but I will say it again, I breastfed my son until he was 4 months away from 6 years old. He had health issues and my Dr praised me for nursing him as long as I did because it kept him out of the hospital and pretty healthy. I have posted many photos on here of me nursing him at 4 y/o. I nursed him until he wanted to stop!! I even had sex during those almost 6 years and my oh played with my breasts. There is a HUGE difference between bf'ing and sexual things!! People need to get over the fact that there are moms out there that choose to EB, there is nothing wrong with it or gross and it's really upsetting to me that people are saying that there is. I would never look at a mom bottle feeding and say it's wrong or gross so why is it being said on here to us EB moms? I will also feed Airy for as long as SHE wants, be it 6 months or up to 8 years!! It's her and I's choice/right to do so. I am brave enough to stand up for our rights without being to feel bad/shamed for doing so as should any other mom/child with what they choose!!!

I think its a very powerful picture. She doesnt look one bit ashamed and she shouldnt. I won't be breastfeeding that long, but I support the mothers that do it. Its not right for me, but its right for some. Either way, I think its amazing.
Sure its not the most natural picture, more of getting attention and showing how brave and proud she is.

To be honest I dont like the photo, I have no problem with people breastfeeding inface I admire women who do! I wish I could have carried on.

Everyone has there opinions and the picture looks unnatural and someone mentioned Sadie Frost showing her pregnant body, it was a natural photo and again I dont like it! I hate fakeness.

And Ill be honest, I dont like children with dummys when they can talk either, but again I can understand why children do have dummies :)

Dont want a bashing just stating my opinion

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->