Time to admit it

reallytinyamy

Mum and step mum
Reaction score
I think I'm going to have to go to the Dr and get some help.

I know with my history it was inevitable really but I think I have depression :cry:

Still don't want to have to admit it though.

2 weeks ago Chloe wasnt a problem at all (thats sounds wrong, she's not a problem, I am) every time she whinges or cries now I just cry wth her. I feel so tired but have no reason to.

I get cross all the time, I don't want to leave the house, Mark and me just constantly argue (although thats as much him as it is me and definitely isnt helping)

I love Chloe more tha anything, but I feel like I could quite easily shut her in her room and ignore her all day. I hate thinking that.

I cant even put it into words :cry:

Oh hun :hug:
Could u go see a councillor? I have times when I wish I could leave Ava in a room and ignore her but it's not everyday. Or even a good friend u could talk to?

:hugs: oh sweetie thinking of you so much, am really here if you need to talk :hugs:

as you no i've had pnd (from the stress of the birth), mine manifested itself as consantly cleaning & not wanting to leave maddi. i too found i didn't want to leave the house and used to cry all the time and have terrible panic attacks.

i just wanted to say since ive been too my dr i've been me again, its so hard making the first step & talkin :hugs: am always here if you need a chat :hugs:

I think seeing a doctor is a very good idea hun. Talking about it really helps :hugs:

I suffered with terrible PND after my daughter was born and it took me ages to admit it but once I did my doctor was amazing and I went to therapy (both with and without my daughter) and they put me on a anti-depressants and after a while things slowly started to get better.

The feelings you're having are so normal and so many women have them - please don't feel bad about you feelings. You adore you little girl and I'm sure you're an excellent mother, you just need a bit of help to feel good about everything again. Pregnancy and birth and becoming a parent is such a big deal and puts so much pressure on us in so many ways that it's bound to impact on our happiness and well-being sometimes.

Please go see your GP - I know it can be terrifying to admit that things aren't great, but I promise, in the long run, you'll be glad you sought help. Just having someone to talk to can make a huge difference.

Thinking of you.

Really hope you feel better soon.

Hugs xxx

:hug: Seeing a doctor is a good idea hon!

yep, you've made the first step, which is the hardest, now just to pick up the phone and book that appointment.:hug:

I know it doesnt help hun but sending you lots and lots of hugs :hugs:

sending you :hug:

completely understanding the point your at... really hope you feel better soon.

here if you need someone :hugs:

sending you lots of :hug:

hope you feel better soon hun.

Christine
XXXX

Oh love, I wish you were near by. Being a mum physically isn't hard, we can change bums, make bottles or booby feed, wash clothes, but the rollercoaster of hormones and new emotions and commitments is a massive step for us all. Please don't think you are the only one to get the blues and if you think you need a bit of support from your gp then you go see them! Its all confidential and they don't judge. When I had my first I felt isolated from my friends and family as OH would start a row about any of them, so I became a hermit just to avoid arguments. Sometimes my little girl would just cry and I would try and feed her, change her, walk her about and she would still be moaning at me. In the end I would put her in her cot where she would hollar at me for 5 mins then fall fast asleep! The little minx was just overtired and I was getting on HER nerves!! lol. If you need to pm any of us please do, I have found the internet be to be a lifeline for the stresses of being practically housebound by babies xx.

Sending you lots of love hun...going to the doctor is a good idea:hugs:

:hug: just go, I'm sure you'll feel better after having a chat with your Dr. Hey you might even get a :witch: like the :witch: :witch:#1 brought with her to see me!

:hug: Can't really add much than what the others have said. Always around if you need a chat :hugs:

Thank you everyone, it means alot.
I know everything will be ok, heck its not the first time I've been depressed, this will be my 7th go at it in 5 yers!!!! It doesnt get any easier though and I was starting to think I'd managed to avoid it.

Thank you all for your support

:hug:

Hiya hunni,
You have to get some help as soon as you can, I had PND after my first daughter, the major problem there was that it wasn't diagnosed for years which made it alot harder to treat but there is fantastic help out there for you, all you need to do is ask for it.

Even if they suggest Anti Depressants take them, I refused for so long becuase of the stigma surrounding it but they really do help.

Just remember it's not your fault you are feeling the way you do, and also remember that it is treatable and soon enough you will be back to normal and enjoying motherhood! xxx

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"