• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

time to get organised - Emmy's wedding 20th July 2013

We made the adults favours ages ago otherwise I think they would just be having cookies or something easy to make :rofl:

I'm trying to suss out whether a family friend (who has said her and her friend will do my hair and make up) can still come. I messaged her on sunday and I know that she read it, but she didn't reply. So I've just messaged again. Thankfully if they can't come then my bridesmaid can do my hair and I can get practising with my makeup so I know I won't be left not knowing what to do lol

Well there's a lot to be said of calorie counting! I lost 18lb doing it. I'm quite struggling with SW tbh, and I don't like veg so been eating loads of fruit and was told yest that I'm eating the wrong kind of fruit! And that I should eat loads of eggs. Not sure if its for me. I like to be able to eat a bit of choc if I want to! Xx

I am missing chocolate actually, which is weird as I was never that keen on it before! :haha:

She's coming to stay for a few days next week so I will talk to her and see what she says. She's actually down to do a reading for us as well, but I don't want to pressurise her.

Talking about shoes, I've actually ordered these. I want something nice and comfortable with no danger of me falling over. So these will be coming to my dress fitting with me

https://www.newlook.com/shop/shoe-g...t-white-leather-woven-strap-sandals_273479910

I think I've got my something old etc planned

• Something old and borrowed - my nan's wedding ring that is going on my necklace as it doesn't fit my finger
  • Something new - my dress
    [*]Something blue - can I count the blue delphinium in my flowers?

If for any reason you're not happy with the flip-flops you've ordered from NL then the next pair of shoes you could try could be BLUE!!! Not that your flowers don't count hun, of course they do, but this was something my friend did and it looked great! There's a picture of her walking across some grass, lifting her dress up (helped by MOH) and it shows off her blue (suede!) shoes perfectly! Hey, you could even has Elvis sing that song or name a table after it?!?!?! She had blue flats for the reception as the heels were rather high on her 'main' shoes! Just an idea my lovely :)

We got around the family disputes by not inviting the people (DH's aunt and my uncle) we didn't want there - simples! Not what you want to hear I know. I understand you HAD to invite them though. Just allocate someone to deal with crap like that on the day - honestly, people are usually BEGGING to help out with stuff.

With the table plan I did the exact layout in the room on my plan. It was quite simple though; 6 round tables! I didn't want to sit on a straight top table as I personally find them very unsociable (the poor people on the end only have one person to talk to!). After I did it my blue suede shoe friend did exactly the same at her wedding 6 months later! And my sister in law did it as well - it's a great idea! For simplicity could you use the real record for yours and Chris' name, then for the rest use black circles with blue (or other colour from your theme) in the middle and just list the names (then people can find their place when they get to the table)? I think you might have already bought a load of records though so this would be an extra expense! :dohh:

Take it that the family friend ISN'T coming and get your bridesmaid to practice on your hair and make up now. No point in finding out at the last minute hun.

Well done on the calorie counting. Not easy! Some brides find they lose weight in the run up to the wedding because of the rush to get everything done but I didn't!!! Everything was so well planned and completed in advance that I was fairly relaxed (as relaxed as a control freak can be!). Just get as much sorted now as you can as there will likely be little things cropping up on the way.

Have you confirmed exactly what you will be saying (i.e. vows) with your registrar? That is one thing I forgot and it sent me into a panic about 10 days before the wedding!!! I just took bits from here and there and put it all together and sent it off to the registrar. Everything was fine as I didn't deviate from the norm, but it was something we had to do with our council.

Sorry to be posting so much, but weddings REALLY excite me chick - if I could do it again (with my DH of course!) I would!!! Some people have said I should be a wedding planner and I briefly looked into it but decided an office job was more me (as I am a control freak!).

xxx

I think what I'm going to do is just get the manager at the hotel involved and if they start anything they will be asked to leave. That's the only way I can go around it as I refuse to let them spoil the day for me :nope:

I do prefer the idea of the round tables to be honest, but it would be quite awkward for mum as I don't think she would be able to get her wheelchair comfortably into a round table :(

I've had a message back from her and she's told me not to worry that she will be there. To be fair to her she is getting ready to move house, so maybe it's a case of she read the messages and with the hassle of moving she just forgot to reply. But we do pretty much have my hairstyle set if for some reason this friend can't get to the wedding.

We've got an appointment on the 11th of June to confirm vows, we pretty much seem to be going for the standard stuff, it's just the ring vows that are driving me absolutely batty :dohh:

On a note of rings, I think I've actually chosen mine. It's just a bog standard white gold d shape, but I'm going to have something engraved in it, probably "Forever Yours" or something similar

https://www.hsamuel.co.uk/webstore/d/8682879/9ct+white+gold+d+shape+3mm+heavy+wedding+ring/

:happydance:

Try Argos: https://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/2036450.htm or https://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/2031871.htm
xxx

I've changed my mind about the engraving :blush:

I'm going to have Everlasting Love engraved on it :cloud9:

We're walking out of the room to it and we're thinking we could get a 7" record of it and use that as the record on our table plan :blush:

So close now!! I'm so excited for you Emmy!!! :D I def think the flowers can count as your something blue. They were mine too! Well those along with the garter. ;)

oh wow it is all coming together! The fish sound like a really fun favour :)

flowers counting as something blue is a great idea!

you are so creative, the idea of the engraving and the record is fab :)

I think we're finally set on music :happydance:

Before The Ceremony
1. Dance With Me Tonight – Olly Murs
2. Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Bikini – Brian Hyland
3. Rubber Ball – Bobby Vee
4. Be My Baby – The Ronettes
5. One Fine Day – The Chiffons
6. Twist Again – Chubby Checker
7. Hoots Mon – Lord Rockingham’s XI
8. I Only Want To Be With You – Dusty Springfield
9. Happy Days Theme Tune
10. Who Put The Bomp – Barry Mann

Bridesmaids Entrance
Some Kind Of Wonderful – Michael Buble

Bride’s Entrance
Today I Met The Boy I’m Gonna Marry – The Crystals

Signing The Register
Stand By Me – Ben E King
Chasing Cars – The Baseballs
L-O-V-E – Michael Buble

Leaving The Room
Everlasting Love – Love Affair

Right, my ring has been ordered and Chris is sorting his next week when he gets paid. Mine, I ordered a plain white gold band and engraving from a seller on ebay, it's basically just to tide me over until we can afford to order a more special one, and Chris is doing the same for his minus the engraving (just that his is coming from Argos)

I don't know what's going on with me weight wise, but it's creeping back up so I really need to get that under control over the next month as my fittings start on the 4th of July. We've got my cousin here at the moment and she goes home tomorrow, so I think as of friday I'm going to try and detox a bit, lemon and water in the morning before I eat anything, try and limit my dairy and wheat (would love to go wheat free for a week)

Chris is having 2 stag dos, one his brother has organised for us all to go to Chester Races on Chris' birthday next saturday (fingers crossed for some sunshine as we're going to be taking a picnic). And then the weekend when I collect my dress (6th of July) his usher is going to be taking him out for a few drinks.

We've only had about half of the RSVPs back and the date on the invitations said the 1st of June, so they have until saturday to get them back to me :dohh:

Yay for rings. What are you having engraved on yours? Or is it a secret?

I'm sure you'll get back on track with the weightloss. It's probably because your cousin is there that its creeping back on. Seriously try and go carb free for a week. Just get rid of pasta, bread and potatoes because they are the biggest culprits. You only have to do it for a week and you'll be amazed at the difference. Trust me.

Fingers crossed you get a flood of RSVPs in the next couple of days

Glad you got the rings sorted :)

Im sure youll get back on track with the weightloss, its always hard when you have people to stay etc!

Hope you get all your RSVPs over the next few days, nothing worse than chasing people!

I'm having Everlasting Love engraved on mine as that's what we're walking out to, plus it's the record that I plan on using at the top of the seating chart :blush:

My cousin goes home today so I'm thinking about maybe putting myself onto a bit of a detox as of tomorrow, which gives me a week at it as we're in cheshire next weekend for Chris' birthday.

Postman hasn't been yet so fingers crossed there's some rsvps as I will be sending people 1 message and if they don't get their acts together they will be taken off the guest list. My dad's best friend sent his rsvp back as soon as he'd got it, so why can't other people do that? :shrug:

I have pictures of my wedding ring to show off, they're not brilliant as they were taken on my phone, but I still love it :happydance:

It turns out I didn't get the Script engraving that I paid for, but the company have been fab and offered me to either have the engraving cost refunded or to send the ring back. I've decided just to have the engraving refunded, I'll definitely be using them again when it comes to ordering the 18ct ring as they've been so fantastic

https://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/emmyreece/20130530_134523_zpsac59866e.jpg

https://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/emmyreece/20130531_104806_zps6dd1c50e.jpg

Lovely, pleased you are so happy with it x

Looks fab! How does it feel wearing 2 rings?! :argh:

Was there meant to be 2 photos? I can only see one and a link hun xx

It felt really, really weird :rofl: I need to get my engagement ring re dipped in the week leading up to the wedding so that it looks all shiney and new next to my wedding ring :D

There was meant to be 2 pictures :dohh: but I've sorted it now so that it's an actual picture rather than a link

I think the plan for next week is going to be starting to put the table name cards together and to try and sort out some of the name tags as well for the favours. I need to get an order of the day done and order the card, frame and record for the table plan

Away for the weekend again this weekend as it's Chris' birthday, so we're off to Cheshire so that he can be with his mum and dad. We're going to chester races tomorrow for the day and taking a picnic so we can sit out in the sun :D

We've paid the last of the photographer today and tuesday we'll be paying the registrar fees so that will be a weight off my mind.

I'm feeling a bit disappointed with a so called friend of mine. I've made a few attempts to get in touch with her to find out if she'd got a hotel booked for the wedding and she's just ignored me every single time. So I've blocked her off fb, deleted her phone number and she's been taken off the guest list. We haven't been close for a while now, but I feel that I have a lot to thank her for as she's the one who pushed me and Chris into getting together :nope:

Ahhhh well onwards and upwards. Can't believe it's a week tomorrow until my hen night :shock: I'm quite excited, though a bit nervous about what I will look like :dohh:

The plan for next week is to get the hen party gift bags put together. I'll take photos once they're done :happydance:

Have a great weekend away.

You did the right thing with your friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->