time to get organised - Emmy's wedding 20th July 2013

Is anyone else feeling like they're having to do everything?

I'm starting to get really worked up about our finishing our invitations, decorations, rings, readings etc and it's not good. It's actually all been left to me to sort as oh doesn't seem to have an opinion on anything :wacko:

And to be honest it's starting to stress me out. I've tried to talk to him and explain how it's making me feel, but all he does is sympathise and then he's back to his xbox or playing a game on his phone :grr:

I imagine that is exactly what it will be like with my OH in 10 months time xx

That's pretty much par for the course. Anton was awesome and helped out a bit (more then most other grooms based on what I remember reading in wedding forums lol), but it was pretty much all me for the most part. :p

Starting a new craft project, which I SHOULD be able to have Chris' help with :D

He said the frosted jars with the lace around them looked too much like something you would find in his nanna's house. So we're going to paint the jars with yellow or blue food colouring mixed with pva glue, and should hopefully have something like this as the end result :D

https://assets.curbly.com/photos/0000/0014/1096/craftberrybush_251.jpg

And then we're going to tie blue polka dot ribbon round the yellow jars and yellow ribbon around the blue jars :happydance:

I'm hoping he can get me the glue and food colouring tomorrow so that I can get started :D

That will look so pretty! I can't wait to see how they turn out!

They don't look as smooth as in the picture, but I have to say they look pretty amazing, I've only done blue ones so far as I need to buy some yellow food colouring. My phone is charging at the moment, so I'll take a proper picture once that's done (but you can kind of get the gist from the webcam photo). But the best way of applying it seems to be like you suggested Mummy May, with a sponge :happydance:

Attachments

• Snapshot_20130406.jpg
    Snapshot_20130406.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 8
Had a bit of a melt down this morning :dohh:

We had our first rsvp back this morning and we had no idea who it was from as I didn't leave a section on the rsvp to write their name. Common sense tells us that it was oh's Nanna and Grandad as we recognised the writing, but I had a major freak out because I was wondering how on earth we will figure out who's who on the others :dohh:

Then this spiralled into me having a moan about having to do everything myself and majorly freaking myself out about how much I still have left to do :blush:

On a positive note my dress is now in the shop :happydance:

Those jars look lovely :thumbup:

Oh no! What are you going to do about the RSVPs? How are you going to know when they all start coming through? Or do you think you'll be able to work them out from the writing? xx

Could you send out a message for them all to write their names some where on the card?

it's only Chris' side of the family and my dad's side of the family that have gone out so far, and the others I'm putting a little note in the corner of each rsvp envelope of the initials of who's invite it was :)

Chris got annoyed with me huffing and puffing over the jars, so he's ordered me some proper glass paint and decent brushes :happydance:

Great thinking about the initials in the corner of them!
But don't worry i'm sure you'll find quite a few people will write their names on them, you can also just send out text or email just to remind them to put their names!

I've had quite a few of them melt downs about doing everything :haha:

I actually felt quite embarassed afterwards, but then again it felt good to let it out and just have a rant if that makes sense?

I've got my youngest flower girl for the day on the 11th of may and we're off to the trafford centre to try and find her some shoes. I've been eyeing up these ones and am keeping everything crossed that they're still available in a few weeks so that I can try them on her and get a pair

https://media.bhs.co.uk/wcsstore/BHSUK/images/catalog/1568652383_large.jpg

Oh I love them, where are they from?

I organised my wedding in six weeks (almost two weeks of that though my little boy was in hospital with menigitus) and I made all favours myself (mens were home-made little boxes with their names on and sweets in, womens were home-made organza style puches with sugared almonds and children's were activity bags with sweet, colour books, bubbles etc etc in), all the invitations, and even some of the food (think the night before, dipping strawberrys into chocolate ready to put in the fridge to set) and yes I had quite a few melt-downs at my now DH. It is normal sweetie x

They're from BHS and a bargain at £6, though they have a 20% off thing this weekend I think. But with having no idea how much she'll grow (she was born in october, so 5-6 months old now) I daren't buy a pair yet :dohh:

I'd actually totally forgotten about children's favours :rofl: Men are having a keyring that I designed and the women are having a mixed cd of music that have somehow featured in the wedding, whether it's the pre ceremony music, during the ceremony or the song is on one of the records used as centrepieces lol

Ohhh Tasha, what a thing to go through while you were organising your wedding. That must have been such a huge stress for you :hugs:

Yeah feet especially are hard as none of them grow at the same rate. I love the favour ideas, thy are unique which is so cool. The children's were more to keep them occupied than a favour as such, iykwim?

Yeah, it was not a good time but he was fine after a while and had no lasting affects from it, so that is what matters in the long run.

How long til the glass paint comes. I use to love using glass paint to paint little flowers and stuff on light bulbs :haha:

It should turn up on tuesday, which means I should be able to try it out on wednesday while waiting for our new bed to be delivered :happydance: Chris chose 2 different types of paint, a transparent one that makes the jar look like it's been stained and another one that has a frosted effect, so they're really going to be interesting :)

I'm actually really looking forward to having her for the day (not looking forward to Chris' mum getting any ideas), but it'll be nice to have some time with her. I've done the same whenever my cousins have had babies, gone over and cooked a nice meal and tidied up a bit while they rested and taken each baby out for a day when the mum felt comfortable letting them come with me :) I've not had the youngest yet as she was born 10 weeks premature (my cousin had no idea she was pregnant) so I didn't want to come across as too forceful even though I've been dying to take her out :blush:

I really like that so much of our wedding seems to be quite unusual and not very often used, like the vinyl centrepieces espescially. I have to say I think this theme suits us perfectly as it feels very relaxed and not formal at all, which neither Chris or myself are :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->