time to get organised - Emmy's wedding 20th July 2013

That sounds fab, cant wait to see how they look.

That is lovely :cloud9: shopping with a little girl is so much fun. What ideas do you mean for Chris' mum?

I love that it is different too, it makes it more you doesnt it? We arent formal either so totally get where you are coming from.

She's very pushy shall we say? If she thinks I'm doing something wrong with the baby (though it might be something my cousin has said she does or asked me to do) she'll nag at me to do it how she thinks is right, and knowing her she'll try and take over. I want a baby of our own sooooo much, but she's part of the reason why I've held back a bit this cycle as I don't want to potentially be at their house over christmas with a new born, she was bad enough christmas just gone when our dog was a tiny pup (choccy lab), she'd come in and check on him at night, let him drink milk and just basically disregarded anything I said and I just have a horrible feeling that she will be 1000000000% worse with a baby :dohh:

Don't get me wrong, she's been very good to me and I'll never be able to fully repay her. I honestly think if she hadn't said yes to me moving in when I potentially had to move back to wales then there's not a hope in hell that Chris and I would be together still

I sympathise on the 'interfering' MIL thing. My MIL treats our LO like she's her own. Tells us what to do/not to do despite us knowing our daughter better than anyone else ever :rolleyes: Afraid to say there will be no avoiding it, but just remember they only say/do things with our best interests at heart. Even if we do want to scream at them to 'shut the hell up' :lol:

Those shoes are lovely. They look like they should be part or the spring/summer range so fingers crossed they still have them in a few weeks :thumbup: If not I'm sure you'll still find something at the Trafford Centre

I think what's freaking me out the most is that when we were there with the pup (he was in our bedroom sleeping in his crate) she would actually let herself into the bedroom without knocking so she could come and check that I'd put him to bed properly :wacko: She's already been dropping hints about babies, but she's going to get a shock that we won't be properly going for it after the wedding as we want to go to turkey for a fortnight next June for our honeymoon :rofl:

I probably sound really *itchy, but this is a woman who makes pointed remarks about diets etc when I'm around, will ask me in front of a room full of people how the diet is going and then lecture me that I need to move around more and eat less (I know that, it's exactly what I've been doing), and tried to get me to buy a dress a size smaller than I needed for the wedding :wacko:

Ahhhh I need to stop there before I let it ruin my day :dohh:

I've figured out that I have 10 more weigh ins before my first fitting :shock: I'm going to try and lose as much weight as possible and then maintain it for the month before the wedding and then once the wedding is done it'll be time to go for it again ready for the honeymoon :happydance:

Ugh! She sounds like a handful. :( I'm sorry you have to deal with someone like that. *hugs*

Silently stalking :). Must say I didn't like the first dress you said was the one but immediately fell in love with "the one" - you look amazing in it!
Can't wait for pics on the day :) and seeing all your hard work come together!
Oh, and don't expect men to be in the slight bit interested in helping to plan the wedding. For 99% of them it just isn't their thing! Best you're in full control of the day anyway!!!
xxx

:rofl: it's been a nightmare getting Chris involved, but when I tell him off for not taking an interest he does pull his finger out and help slightly :haha:

Our new bed off Chris' parents is being delivered tomorrow morning which I'm really excited about as it means Chris is at home and not on night duty for the first night of it being here. It probably sounds silly, but as his parents bought it for us, I think I would have felt a bit weird just me sleeping in it the first night if he'd been on night duty.

We've been trying to decide on a decent honeymoon and we're having major trouble. I think our maximum budget is going to be £3000, maybe push it up to £4000 depending on how much we get in gifts. I keep coming back to places like Jamaica or the Maldives, but because Thomson are now bringing in their new dreamliner it's going to be a lot more expensive, which means they probably won't be in our budget anymore :hissy: At the worst we'll book a 5* all inclusive hotel in turkey, but we always go there, so would really like to try somewhere new and once in a lifetime :dohh:

We did four nights in Cairo in a hotel overlooking the pyramids (le meridien) then 9 nights in Sharm El Sheikh in the Hyatt Regency (a huge complex). Both were 5* I believe and 5.5 years ago it was about £2.5k. Not sure if you've been to Egypt - it was defo once in a lifetime for us. We did touristy stuff with the pyramids and then chilled on Sharm - it was bliss!
xxx

Chris has said Egypt is a no go for now, as is Tunisia :dohh:

I keep coming back to the maldives and I think I need to find a way to get us there, even if it's only for a week :rofl:

I would also say don't go to Tunisia, it is absolutely disgusting. We went last year and spent most of the time in our room. If the maldives is anything like the Seychelles, you're looking at about 5k ish for a week :rofl: well that's what it was last time I checked anyways ;) you could always save up for a little bit after the wedding and go a bit later on? Xxx

I soooo wanna go to the Maldives, if we were gonna go for a beach/relaxing honeymoon we would have went there!! If thats where you wanna go im sure you can find a way of making it happen :)

Kuoni do offers on there website and I've been coming across ones for just over £3000 for a fortnight all inclusive, I know they'll go up next year (hopefully not too much), but I definitely think that's reachable if we tighten our belts and put anything we get for christmas and birthdays into the pot too :D

our new bed has arrived :happydance: it's huge (of course Bruce had to get on and have a lie down :rofl: )

https://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/emmyreece/IMG-20130409-WA0001_zps1ceb4f1b.jpg

YAY for the new bed finally being there!! :D Looks very comfy!

I can't believe you're all fussin over whether to spend £3k or £5k on your honeymoons when I had to literally twist OHs arm to get him to spend £2k on ours :lol: AND it's something HE wants to do :dohh: The thought of spending £5k+ on a holiday scares me :wacko: I fret about £400 just to go to Turkey. Haha

Yay for new bed...looks lovely :) and I love that your dogs name is Bruce!!

We normally fret about spending money going to turkey all inclusive too :rofl: But we want to do something once in a lifetime, though at this rate it may end up being somewhere posh in turkey :dohh:

My oh named the dog as he's wanted a dog named Bruce for ages, we had the name picked out before we'd even chosen him :rofl:

Haha, I totally get that!! I want a dog called Sam. Always have done, but never had the chance. I love 'human' names for pets. My neighbours dog is called Holly and I went to school with a girl whose cat was called Fred :haha:

I want a dog called Bruce and one called Milo, I always have x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->