time to get organised - Emmy's wedding 20th July 2013

Lovely bed. My granddad called all his springer spaniels bruce. Love it for a dogs name x

Oo here is a pic of the bed. Looks mega comfy :) xx

So we still have the following the pay for

• Rooms the night before the wedding
  • Room hire
  • Registrar
  • Food
  • Flowers
  • Cake
  • DJ
  • Photographer

And we have roughly £400 left of our budget after paying all of that, so we'll probably use that as a honeymoon deposit I think :happydance:

YAY!!! Nearly done then. Do you have to deal with tipping over there? I'm kinda thinking no and am totally jealous of that. lol

I've never actually thought about tipping :dohh: Is anyone else doing it?

Depends on their service, but I mean bloody hell they get enough out of us hahaha! I don't tend to tip anyway unless I get amazing service, but I do expect to get that on my wedding day :) xx

Emmy, don't worry! It's not something we need to do here in the UK. The service has been paid for in advance and with something like that its not usual to tip. I think if you tried they'd be quite surprised!!!
xxx

No, tipping is not needed at a wedding here hun x

Nope, we won't be tipping. Not for something that's all paid for in advance!!

:rofl: huge sigh of relief there

:hissy: :sulk: :hissy:

I can't get the blue glass paint to look right on the jars, so I'm just painting all of them yellow and then tying yellow or blue polka dot ribbon around them as I can't afford to buy anymore paint and to be completely honest it's starting to stress me out a bit, so I'm just going to take the easy option and forget about it :rofl:

We offended oh's mum this morning. We've decided that rather than me stay in the executive suite the night before the wedding I'm going in the bridal suite, Chris is going to sleep in the room allocated for his cousin (as she doesn't turn up until the actual day) and then he's going to get ready in his mum and dad's room. Which means that the executive suite was free for both of the nights, so oh phoned his mum this morning and offered it to her and his dad and she was apparently quite off with him (because they HAVE to have the superior double room in the main part of the hotel as they think it has a balcony overlooking the fields at the back, even though there's a possibility their room doesn't look over the back fields) and turned it down. But she actually made him feel so bad to the extent where he actually phoned her back half an hour later to explain :grr:

So hang on, is the Executive not as good as the Superior? Why doesn't your OH want to stay in the Executive?

The executive suite is the best room they have there but its' balcony doesn't face over the fields :wacko:

Basically, what was meant to be happening was I was going to spend the night before in the executive suite, but because I'd either have to switch rooms half way through the day or pay an extra night (£130) we figured it would be easier (and cheaper) to do it this way :)

Please excuse the bullseye alarm clock :dohh: This is what I spent last night doing (there another 6 jars drying around the front room at the moment)

https://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/emmyreece/DSC_0265_zpsffa634b1.jpg

I'm trying to decide on what to do with the ribbon (as I'll be re buying ribbon to go round the neck of the jars - where the lids normally screw on - and something thicker for round the middle of the jar), should I have the colours matching or maybe do the neck one colour and the middle of the jar another colour?

Oh has chosen his wedding ring, he just wants a bog standard one from argos as he doesn't want to spend too much and then not be able to afford to replace it if needs be (he has a very hands on job as a carer). I think I've found mine, but I'm not too sure :dohh: I feel a bit guilty spending over £100 on mine when he's not even spending £40.

I'm trying to figure out a way of getting rid of mil for a bit while we're at the Trafford Centre so I can sneak off with bil's gf and look at lingerie ideas for the wedding and wedding night :blush: :haha:

I wore flannel jammies on my wedding night :rofl: last thing I wanted after such a long day was jiggy :rofl:

The jars are lovely :) I have no sense of style though so no help on the ribbon I'm afraid. I'm sure it'll look wonderful though!

I'm taking it one step further with the jars to try and get them looking more decorative

I think on the taller jars, I'm going to do a layer of 5 - 6 cm wide lace, then some plain ribbon on top of the lace with a diamante slider on.

Will they look ok with just a tea light or fairy lights in them, or would it be an idea to buy some silk flowers to put inside the jars?

I think tea lights would look nice, and you can get battery operated ones so that you don't have to worry about them being blown out xx

Yeah I've got 48 battery tea lights upstairs and then I'm going to get some battery operated fairy lights from poundland and use them in some of the jars too so that it's like different light effects :D

I've just had a bit of a brainwave, so am hoping the hotel will let us do this.

I don't think children are going to like the hog roast, so I was thinking maybe we could put on a buffet for them instead, like sandwiches, chicken drumsticks, mini pizza slices etc. Plus it means the people who don't like hog roast could have some too. The only problem I could possibly have is that maybe some of the adults who have the hog roast might end up picking at the mini buffet too :wacko:

I don't know if the hotel will go for it though :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"