Tired of my baby

jaytee146

Blessed mommy to a beautiful girl and growing lo
Reaction score
Less than three hours of sleep. i've Returned to work on november seventh. . . all she does is screams until she's tired. . i'm tired of doing this alone and instead of help i get lectured about how her fob is rubbish. . . i miss her all day and go get her and i hear screaming all nite long. she even moans and yells in her sleep. i am tired of getting up at five each morning to be at work at eight. she even screams in the morning. you'd figure she'd miss me in the evening but she leaves the sister's hands and screams in my arms?! she screams while Bf during baths you name it she screams. i hate the fact i wish i were still pregnant so i wouldn't have to deal with her. i hate that i'm doing this alone. she doesn't even smile at me but smiles at every one else. i haven't Eattin since breakfast and it.'s almost nine. i'm Freaking tired! she's screaming right now.and i'm losing my patience. i'm scared!

Hi honey, I don't really have anything to suggest but wanted to send you some :hugs:
It won't always be this tough xx

:hugs: oh hun i wish you lived here so i could give you a real hug or help you out! It gets better i promise!!

:hugs: I understand completely. I wish I had some magic fix it advice for you, but I don't. My daughter cries and carries on with me but it perfectly fine with my mom. It breaks my heart, but at the same time I find myself wishing my mom would just take her when I have her because she's a mess. Do you think maybe she has colic?

Aww Hun! What a bugger you're feeling like this. I know it can get too much at times and you can't see it getting better, but it will! - when you feel tired or upset, leave LO and have 2 minutes to calm down. Is there a reason she doesn't stop screaming or? Just a screamer? Lol. You shouldn't have to do this alone, but well done you for doing so! I can't imagine doing it alone, shows how strong of a person you are! You're coping, you just think you're not. Things will eventually get better and I know that means nothing to you now but it's a bit of positivity. I know it seems unfair that you put all the work and effort in and can't get a smile, but just remember- you're LO probably knows you will always be there and will want you as soon as she's poorly or unhappy! You're her rock and even though you're exhausted, you know you won't give in. Your Girl more than likely does miss you! But babies aren't the best at showing emotions just yet, all they cn do is cry/scream to communicate. All us ladies know how you feel and all here to give support without judging anything!! Lots of hugs! And ask for help if you feel you need it hun xx

:cry: :cry: my mom came and got her. . . i placed her in her bassinet angrily and begged my mom to come give me a minute but sixty seconds of time to cry and get ready for tomorrow. i haven't even moved. . i'm balled in a knot. sobbing. i can't believe i placed her in her cot in anger. :cry: i've got to be the worse person in the world! people would kill for a baby and i'm wishing she'd leave me alone. i don't even want to look at her:cry::cry:

:hugs: It's hard, I'm so sorry you are feeling this way. Have you talked to the doctor about postpartum depression? It honestly sounds like this may be part of the problem.... though I can't imagine being alone raising a newborn and working full time. And I have read your posts about breastfeeding, you are doing a great job. Hang in there :hugs:

:cry: :cry: my mom came and got her. . . i placed her in her bassinet angrily and begged my mom to come give me a minute but sixty seconds of time to cry and get ready for tomorrow. i haven't even moved. . i'm balled in a knot. sobbing. i can't believe i placed her in her cot in anger. :cry: i've got to be the worse person in the world! people would kill for a baby and i'm wishing she'd leave me alone. i don't even want to look at her:cry::cry:

Ive done this, more than once, so has almost everyone I have met - including my mum with me! You are not the worst mum at all. I wish I had a quick fix for you, just know you aren't alone in feeling like this!

Oh I've just thought (its early so I'm a bit slow at the minute lol) I bet she cries when you hold her because she can smell your milk on you, my LO used to do this too but stopped a few weeks ago. I'm not really sure why they do it but a friend of mine once described it like this: imagine you've just been to pizza hut and had the all you can eat buffet, you're absolutely stuffed then the waiter walks by with a huge pizza in his hand. The smell of that lovely food you've just been enjoying now makes you feel sick. This is possibly why LO is crying on you and nothing personal, just that you smell of food! :)

The biggest hugs ever coming your way. I think almost every Mom has done that at one point or another. Then you feel terrible about it. I found that the best thing for me to do was to just walk away for 5 minutes. Still to this day occasionally you will find me standing outside while the little one cries. It is not as loud out there, and I can take a few moments to breath and calm myself down. It does get easier, but in the mean time you may want to talk to your doctor. Could be a little PPD.

:hugs: I think it's past time for you to talk to a doctor about postpartum depression. She may be so fussy with you because she's picking up on your emotions. It will get better and I'm sure you will feel much better if you get some help from a doctor.

I'm going to call the doctor in the morning

You are NOT a bad mom! Don't think that for a second! I've read many of your posts, and you seem like a very loving, nurturing, proud mommy to your little girl.

Having a baby is TOUGH! No one can ever prepare you, and raising a child is the most selfless thing you'll ever do. You will be paid with smiles, laughs, and sloppy kisses very soon...it just takes some time. Think of it as your "initiation period." Haha - sucks right now, huh? :winkwink:

I have placed both of my babies in their cribs when I have felt worn out, tired, and exasperated. I have had plenty of my fair shares of cries, and then I pick myself up and do what I can. You're doing it! Don't give up and never doubt your abilities!

I think calling the doc is a great idea. If anything, you'll gain another's perspective and have the opportunity for a good talk.

Hugs! :hugs:

I think calling Dr is a good idea, don't feel bad Hun you are supposed to put baby down when you start getting frustrated. I have put him down just to have a few mins alone to pee. Being a mommy is a very tough job and we all need a break. Can you have your mom or dad sit with her so you can take a break?

Don't underestimate the effect sleep deprivation can have too. I used to have days where I couldn't actually remember if I had smiled or said one word to my child. Then later there were the days when the idea of sitting playing with her seemed like the most hellish mind numbing torture. Once her sleep (and mine) improved I found I was talking to her automatically and was able to see why it was a joy to play with her, noticing all the things she learned so quickly. The newborn stage is so unrewarding I'm not sure I'll ever go back there. I can't imagine how hard it is trying to do it alone and work! You are a super mum in my eyes:thumbup:

PS at that age my LO cried whenever I held her and it WAS the smell of the milk. She didn't let me cuddle her like she would for her Daddy or Grandparents. It was like the smell cued her for feeding time and she couldn't work out why I was trying to cuddle her!
She also cried in the bath till she was about 4months so I just didn't bath her!

Oh sweetheart :hugs: ur not a bad person and all those "I wish I was pregnant" and "I miss my old life" feelings are completely normal.it's a big change and having a screamer doesn't help,especially when ur sleep deprived.in some countries no sleep is a form of torture and I can bloody understand why lol ur exhausted and having someone come pick her up was best for u and baby,so that goes to show what a caring loving mummy u r,u didn't let it get to the point of baby shaken syndrome,u knew u were losing patience and u made sure ur daughter was safe.that's being a good mummy.if she's not smiling at u and cries all the time then she may be picking up on ur emotions and that's not something u can control right now.babe if u feel like u need help getting through this hard time then it get to the doctors,u may or may not have pnd but I think we all know ourselves well enough to know if we need help.I truely hope u feel better soon.maybe just ask ur mum to have baby for one night and sleep the entire time.it sounds stupid but just one good nights sleep makes u feel a whole lot better xx

I just want to say that I have been there - and like you feel guilty afterwards. I have shouted at my little man saying 'I don't know what is wrong' and 'Shut up!'. When they cry and scream constantly it is torture and on top of sleep deprivation it is hell on earth. From what you are saying you are an amazing mum. You are coping with your situation far better than I would. I think you deserve a medal for getting through each day. Nothing you have said has made me think you are a bad mum at all, quite the opposite. The fact you are upset and on here shows how much you care. I know there are mums out there who would just let their babies cry or scream and would think nothing of it.

Please don't be so harsh on yourself. You are an amazing person and a wonderful mum and you need to be kind to yourself. Love to youxxx

Big hugs! You are doing brilliantly by yourself and its much better to say how your feeling rather than bottling it up.
I've put my lo down in her basket before when I'm cross and frustrated. Sometimes you just need to walk away for a couple of minutes to calm down. Much better to do that than get frustrated with them.
babies can pick up how we feel so she probably feels your tension and that can unsettle her but your mum or whoever won't be feeling that so will be calmer and baby will settle easier with them. Frustrating and doesn't help the situation but don't blame yourself.
Hugs xxx

It was only monday when my little one was screaming and screaming on me. I couldn't do anything! I got cross and shouted something along the lines of what the hell is the matter why won't you, sto crying. Had to put her down and walk away. Came back tried again, still wouldn't stop crying no matter what I tried. Oh walked in the door took her of me and she stooped instantly! Made me feel useless and very guilty for getting cross! Your not the only one xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->