TMI Symptoms

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by Soili, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Soili

Soili Well-Known Member

I often see complaints about sore nipples and tender breasts and cramps as PMS or pregnancy symptom and I worry that it never happens to me. I remember when I was on the pill, my boobs would hurt closer to the period, it was always a relief to do the break every month. So I'm not unfamiliar with that. But being off the pill I never have anything that bothers me before AF or during. My periods are irregular, vary from 30 to 44 days (so far), and I do get positive OPK, so I doubt I could have had 9 cycles and never ovulate. Is it progesterone causing those symptoms? Maybe I'm not producing enough of that? Any insight?

2. Rachael1981

Rachael1981 Proud Mummy to Isobel xx

I don't have any symptoms either on or off BCP. I think progesterone affects people in different ways and I would say that your levels off BCP aren't as high as they are on BCP which is why you don't get the effects.

3. stouffer

stouffer Well-Known Member

Progesterone gives me sore boobs. I notice it a few days after I ov up until about a day before AF. I usually have sore boobs just at the sides so sometimes I wouldn't notice unless I was looking for it or was lying awkwardly or something.
    I don't think it's particularly a bad sign if you don't get that. Everyone reacts differently to hormones.

4. kjean

kjean Pregnant

My cycles are anywhere from 28-35 days. Sometimes I get sore boobs, sometimes not. I think it all depends on the cycle. Good Luck!