TMI

bbbbbbb811

Reaction score
I was going to wait for the doctors tomorrow but I can't sleep cause of thrush causing me problems(sorry tmi!):blush: so my dear OH has gone to get me the canesten duo(pessary and cream) but I just wanted to double check it is safe in first trimester? I took it last time but a lot later on in pregnancy and obviously I don't want to do any damage to the baby.

I would definitely ask the pharmacist before using it. I think I have used just the cream in early pregnancy before, but I don't know about the pessary. I think they didn't give me a strong cream either.

I think its ok... just not the tablets but the pharmacist should know!

Thanks ladies! I'm seeing my midwife after my scan today I think so I'll ask there. They aren't always clued up on the medicine side of things but since thrush is a common problem in pregnancy hopefully she will know! Doctors are impossible to get into see.:flower:

I had thrush the day after my BFP. My doctor said I could treat with the 3-day treatment, insert the suppository and then wipe it out after a little while.

Call your midwife. Don't suffer longer than you need to.

About 2 weeks ago I had the same problem. I used the 6 day cream and it worked for me :) I read up on it a lot before using it. There is a very small risk of birth defects but I even asked my doctor he said the risk is so small, you're way better off treating it then leaving it untreated.

Midwife cleared it. I'm so relieved lol!!:blush: Thank you:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->