• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

To big for bouncer but not able to sit unaided

NZKiwi

cautiously optimistic
Reaction score
Hi my three month old is getting to big for his bouncer, he keeps trying to sit up/lean forward. Yesterday he leaned so far forward he was under the play bar and if he wasn't strapped in he would have come out, I don't feel it's safe to leave him in it, which is a pain as it's the easy way for me to do things like go to the toilet or make a cup of tea etc he likes being baby worn but only when we go out and about not around the house, his baby gym is ok but not as flexible or portable and takes up more space. His head control is good but it still needs support. My question is, is there anything else I can use to sit him in? Any products for this in-between stage?

We like the Bumbo floor seat. Some have a tray with toys attached that they can play with, too. They allow the baby to sit up a little bit and play. Probably a little old for a three month old, but perfect for a four month old.

Does he need to be sitting up? What about just laying him on the floor on a blanket? It'll help him learn to roll over and give him some more freedom rather than being strapped into something all the time. Does your bouncy chair recline? My LO started learning forward and almost tipping out of hers and that's when I realized I could recline the seat back farther to prevent that from happening.

I do put him on a blanket and on his baby gym too but it's nice to have another option, he really enjoys sitting up atm too, i think it's cos he likes being able to see me while I do stuff. he's happy on his blanket when I'm playing and sitting with him. unfortunately his bouncer doesn't recline, but maybe the blanket will have to do while hes at this in-between stage. He's not sitting in his bouncer all the time, just when Im really in the kitchen or going to the bathroom, our house is really small and the bouncer really useful for stuff like that

PS I resent your implication that I'm leaving my kid strapped into something all day and hindering his development somehow, I don't even know how you got that conclusion from my op.

Maybe mamas and papas snug chair. We had the play table too.

We like the Bumbo floor seat. Some have a tray with toys attached that they can play with, too. They allow the baby to sit up a little bit and play. Probably a little old for a three month old, but perfect for a four month old.

Recommend this, definitely wish I got one for him sooner. We use it as a high chair too

I do put him on a blanket and on his baby gym too but it's nice to have another option, he really enjoys sitting up atm too, i think it's cos he likes being able to see me while I do stuff. he's happy on his blanket when I'm playing and sitting with him. unfortunately his bouncer doesn't recline, but maybe the blanket will have to do while hes at this in-between stage. He's not sitting in his bouncer all the time, just when Im really in the kitchen or going to the bathroom, our house is really small and the bouncer really useful for stuff like that

PS I resent your implication that I'm leaving my kid strapped into something all day and hindering his development somehow, I don't even know how you got that conclusion from my op.

I didn't intend to imply that at all, sorry you took offence.

Thanks for the suggestions

Jessmke, sorry I'm sleep deprived (aren't most of us) and am a bit oversensitive as a result

We've got the baby snug seat (mamas and papas version of a bumbo) and the toy tray, not sure if you're LO would still be too little though.

How old was your DD when you started using it?

About 4.5/5 months, I think? I can't remember :haha: as soon as I felt she had good head control :) hasn't been too long... It was just the natural progression from her bouncer although she still uses that to watch ITNG of a night! Would getting a bigger bouncer be an option or a waste of money xxx

Oh I like the look of that rocker! I live in NZ so hopefully some of these products are available here

What about letting LO roll around on a nursing pillow, with a few toys?

I hate inbetween-y stages! Thomas had good head control so he could use a bumbo (no iPhone, not a bimbo...) but Sophie was still a bit floppy. She was mainly on her back on the floor and I would clip dangly toys to the furniture for her to bat at. She also sat in her stroller and I would hang toys off the good.

Can be tricky getting some of the overseas stuff here. I see some amazing things on youtube that I wish we had in NZ.

When your LO has good head control I reccomend the mamas and papas snug seat with the play tray, I think we started using our around 4 months when DS had really good head control and was wanting to be sat up. Not sure if you would get them in NZ but you could google and see if there is something similar.

Bumboo .. Safe and they have a great view :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 6
This is it with Ds with the tray . Its great for the inbetween ages

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 6
My just turned 5 month old has been doing this for weeks so I don't think it's safe leaving him in it. Is it worth getting a bumbo kind of chair now?

Sorry OP hope you don't me asking. As your LO is 3 months I'd think it be beneficial for you to get the bumbo seat

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlexJEllison
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->