• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

To circumcise or NOT to circumcise?!

themaybaby

Reaction score
So, I started my research yesterday. Here in the US it is normal and acceptable to circumcise our baby boys. All this time I thought it was ok. Yesterday, I decided to look up a video of what my little guy would go through with the procedure and freaked out!!! :nope: The baby in the video cried so hard it was horrible to watch but I watched it because if I were to put my child through it I should at least see the terror he'd be going through. I watched a few more vids and did some research and it's safe to say that my fiancee and I will not be circumcising our little boy. This is MY opinion, again... MY OPINION.. It seems a bit inhumane and needless. It seems to only be for cosmetic reasons. I feel like the cons are so much worse than the pros. Which have so far for the most part been to keep the wee clean.. But shouldn't it be as easy as to teach your kid to clean themselves correctly. I'm NOT judging you if you choose to do this. But just out of curiosity who is doing it? Please be respectful of others opinions. I just don't want the convo to get as heated as it did when I asked on my Facebook page, Lol. Also if you want to see the video that I watched you can view it here . But please be advised it's hard to watch.

It's not the norm here in the UK, unless it's for religious reasons. We're not doing it, just because most don't and hubby is fine ha ha x

This may become a heated thread. I don't think you should post a video, up to people to watch it if they want of course but it's not needed especially when the still image is one I would not like to see...

In my opinion I'd be leaving well alone unless there was a medical reason.
(This is irrelevant to religious views on it though)

This may become a heated thread. I don't think you should post a video, up to people to watch it if they want of course but it's not needed especially when the still image is one I would not like to see...

In my opinion I'd be leaving well alone unless there was a medical reason.
(This is irrelevant to religious views on it though)

Well I posted it so that people knew what changed my mind. I mean if you don't want to watch it don't click it. Some people may be as curious as I was so that's why I posted it. It isn't meant upset someone..

It's not the norm here in the UK, unless it's for religious reasons. We're not doing it, just because most don't and hubby is fine ha ha x

It's as normal as wearing clothes here in the US.. So hopefully if any other US moms see this they can make a decision is well. I hope it helps someone.

Hubby is cut but our boys aren't.
My thoughts are they are born with it unless medically nessesary they are staying whole. Sure cut ones look nicer etc but I just can't do it to my boys, my nephew and bil had dodgy ones done and I just wouldn't want to go through that.
My boys are 5 and 4 this year and have never had an issue with infection etc. they know that as they get older their skin will start to come back etc.
All you need to do when they are little is wash it the same as you would a finger, skin doesn't retract until much later so none of that needs to happen until they can understand what's going on :)
While im neither for or against it, my choice is to not do it and that works for us.

None of my children will be having any cosmetic alterations to their bodies until they are old enough to consent themselves, or in the case of piercings which heal, are old enough to ask and understand the implications.

Circumcision for non medical reasons always seems really bizarre to me.

As previously said, it's not routinely done here in the uk so yes it is perfectly possible to look after your bits and teach your boys to look after their bits too. We do it all the time here! I don't know any guys who have openly admitted to it being done and I have never seen one before.
When I was younger I always remember my dad would shout to my bros when hey were in the shower etc reminding them to clean their willy. My oh again is very much like making sure his willy is clean and I have told him that's his area! (I wouldn't know how to clean one properly!! I could guess but.. Well it sounds better from daddy hey!) right now we don't do anything with it as his skin isn't ready to b pulled back. When it is ready he will b a bit older and we can explain the importance of good hygiene and make sure he knows how to keep it clean. It's there for a reason or we wouldn't have it!!

As previously said, it's not routinely done here in the uk so yes it is perfectly possible to look after your bits and teach your boys to look after their bits too. We do it all the time here! I don't know any guys who have openly admitted to it being done and I have never seen one before.
When I was younger I always remember my dad would shout to my bros when hey were in the shower etc reminding them to clean their willy. My oh again is very much like making sure his willy is clean and I have told him that's his area! (I wouldn't know how to clean one properly!! I could guess but.. Well it sounds better from daddy hey!) right now we don't do anything with it as his skin isn't ready to b pulled back. When it is ready he will b a bit older and we can explain the importance of good hygiene and make sure he knows how to keep it clean. It's there for a reason or we wouldn't have it!!

"When I was younger I always remember my dad would shout to my bros when hey were in the shower etc reminding them to clean their willy".......Lol!

My partner is Muslim, I know if I have a boy he is going to want to circumstise him. It's really hard as I can't bear to see my baby in pain. I cannot watch the video it's to much right now. Part of me hoping I have another girl.

There was a post before like this that ended in an argument. My opinion is that the foreskin grew in the womb like baby's toes and fingers did. It seems strange to want to cut something off that is a part of your baby unless it's for medical reasons and deemed necessary.

I believe it grew there for a reason and its not my place to have it chopped off.

My oldest was circumcised but my youngest wasn't and my new baby boy won't be. I can't imagine the pain they must feel during this procedure now especially since I had my oldest done. It's a personal opinion. It's rare to find a baby boy that isn't circumcised. But it's really a personal opinion. I filled out a birth plan and one option was for them to do it with anasthetic. So I mean there is always that too. But talking to the doctor about it would be best to get their opinions. It is said that infections are more likely in a boy that isn't circumcised but as long as that area is kept clean I think that infections are very unlikely.

It is there for a reason!

I find it sad that in the US, we have laws to protect the integrity of the female genitalia, but not the male? Why is it okay to remove parts of the male genitalia, but it is considered mutilation to remove parts of the female?

I don't think it's as normal as wearing clothes here, I am in the US and I didn't do it! My Midwife, my OB, and my Ped (both of them actually, I switched) 100% supported my decision to keep my son intact.

My Hubby is cut, and went through a momentary panic shortly after our son was born (we stayed team yellow). He had previously agreed no circumcision, but when we had a boy, he changed his mind. I made him watch videos of the function of the foreskin (not videos of circumcision) because he didn't know what the foreskin did. He's a grown adult with a penis and he didn't know! I think his parents were pressuring him, he seemed overly panicked about it for some reason, but I told him when our son was old enough to decide for himself he could, but we weren't going to do it without his consent. He quit bothering me about it.

I'm not having a boy, but if I were they would keep all the bits they were born with. It is common place here, which is appalling. I look at it this way, it isn't hurting anything keeping them intact. When they're 18 they can decide for themselves if they way the procedure done or to remain whole... Once it's removed you can't get it back. when they're of age they can go under proper anesthesia and have proper pain management which you can't do with a new born. If you're keeping him intact just make sure you find a good foreskin friendly pediatrician... Most in the us seem completely thrown off by it apparently and give all sorts of bad information (like you should retract to clean under it) when you should never retract the foreskin as its attached to the glans until puberty in most cases.

I'm not having a boy, but if I were they would keep all the bits they were born with. It is common place here, which is appalling. I look at it this way, it isn't hurting anything keeping them intact. When they're 18 they can decide for themselves if they way the procedure done or to remain whole... Once it's removed you can't get it back. when they're of age they can go under proper anesthesia and have proper pain management which you can't do with a new born. If you're keeping him intact just make sure you find a good foreskin friendly pediatrician... Most in the us seem completely thrown off by it apparently and give all sorts of bad information (like you should retract to clean under it) when you should never retract the foreskin as its attached to the glans until puberty in most cases.

I must have gotten lucky, my ped(s) have all appreciated the fact that I kept him intact. They never mention retraction or anything. The guy I see now is really laid back though.

My husband is Indonesian and has been circumcised. I thought he would want our son done but he has said its his choice and when he's old enough he can make the decision himself which I am very happy with. He was older, maybe 5 or 6 when he had his done and remembers the pain so I think that has had something to do with his decision.

For me personally, my son will be circumcised for religious reasons and secondary and much less important, I think it looks nicer. Hubby did his research, I respect his choice. I respect everyone's right to have their own opinions though :)

I don't really see why you would cut a child unless for medical reasons and especially "because it looks nicer " :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->