to circumcise or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only difference between a man getting a circ and a baby getting a circ is that a man has the words to complain about it and stronger pain meds to deal with that pain....
Exactly! Just because a baby can't describe the pain and complain about it, doesn't mean it's not that bad for them.

Poor little guys!

Im definitely on team NOOOOO WAY!! I feel it is so mean and has nothing to do with hygiene if your little man is taught to clean it right in the first place.

I can understand religious reasons for getting it done but that would be the only reason I can even slightly comprehend its necessity.

Please leave your little men's winky's alone :)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sorry for being ignorant but I thought this was restricted to jewish people??

Is this a common thing in America???

In the uk I have never known anyone to have it done unless they are Jewish

I wouldnt do it and to be honest you dont really touch a babys "hood" as long as its clean and kept that way I dont see it as a necessary thing to do unless of course for religious reasons

I wouldnt do it and to be honest you dont really touch a babys "hood" as long as its clean and kept that way I dont see it as a necessary thing to do unless of course for religious reasons

Of the Americans I have known the girls have all said they've either never seen an uncircumcised one or it's very rare to not be snipped.

You're not ignorant hun, you just haven't had to know or think of it before :)
Google and WIKI - tells you all you need to know...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circumcision

It's quite common here... or common enough.... In Canada the rates very from 10 to 40% depending on where exactly you are and I believe in the states the rates vary from 30 to 80% depending on where exactly you are. Here in Canada the rates have been declining (among men in my age group the rates were closer to 80%) whereas in the US they seem to be increasing over time. Also, here in canada there seems to be a social-economic shift in terms of who is getting their sons circumcised.... In the past it was predominantly families of a low SES and of lower education level that were keeping their sons intact whereas now that trend has reversed itself.

In Germany circumcision is not common at all unless medically necessary of course. I think if it was proven that men with foreskin have more health problems every country in the world would suggest to circumcise from the get go. I think in the States it's more for 'cosmetical' reasons why so many get circumcised.

I have 3 daughters so never had to make that decision. If this one is a boy, I'm sure my boyfriend and I will have lots to talk about as he wants a boy to be circumcised no matter what.... Not sure if I'm convinced.....

On a related yet very unrelated note I've noticed and find it interesting that there seems to be a trend that circumcision rates tend to be lowest in countries and provinces where tail docking and ear cropping of dogs have been banned..........

there is no way id do it to my little boys.

tyler has had 4 operations, one of which saved his life, no way wud i put him thru unnessecary pain.

I knew a couple who were from Texas and they had been living here while the guy was doing his PhD, they had friends come to visit and while were in the pub and drinks had been flowing the topic came up and the girl revealed she had NEVER seen an uncircumcised one...well you can imagine to her horror just how many guys offered to show her lol!

Thankfully no one did lol!

I knew a couple who were from Texas and they had been living here while the guy was doing his PhD, they had friends come to visit and while were in the pub and drinks had been flowing the topic came up and the girl revealed she had NEVER seen an uncircumcised one...well you can imagine to her horror just how many guys offered to show her lol!

Thankfully no one did lol!

:rofl:

The look on her face was priceless as a table full of fellas stood up and reached for their zips!

The only thing my baby boy is having cut is his cord... I just could not cut off something that is obviously meant to be there. Medical reason... fair enough. Cosmetic or religious? No thanks.

The only thing my baby boy is having cut is his cord... I just could not cut off something that is obviously meant to be there. Medical reason... fair enough. Cosmetic or religious? No thanks.

Firstly, it's of course your choice what you do and I respect that.

But think that's a fair enough statement if it's not part of your religion. And although I'm a raging atheist, I think that breathing "cosmetic" and "religious" in the same sentence is unfair.....

hmmm... I am a bit of a militant atheist too. I think the majority of religious beliefs are bizarre but I believe each to their own! Cosmetically...is should always be done when the boy has a mind of his own and can make that decision for himself. For medical reasons then of course you have to do what is best for the baby, for religious reasons if it makes living in a community easier then removing a small piece of skin isnt that bad. Female circumcision in other countries is wicked though.

when i had my lil boy we didnt think for a moment about it.. UK its just not spoken of really or even discussed! ben isnt cut and hes got a lovely clean willy and its actually quite a pretty one :p x

hmmm... I am a bit of a militant atheist too. I think the majority of religious beliefs are bizarre but I believe each to their own! Cosmetically...is should always be done when the boy has a mind of his own and can make that decision for himself. For medical reasons then of course you have to do what is best for the baby, for religious reasons if it makes living in a community easier then removing a small piece of skin isnt that bad. Female circumcision in other countries is wicked though.

Nice that I'm not alone, on either count!

Im so glad im a having a girl

but i was thinking about this when i wasn't sure i personally wouldn't do it

but would never tell another person to or not to

that video i couldn't even watch!

god made the baby like that so its normal

and ya when do the boys really stare at there dads penis lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics