To Do List

Button#

Reaction score
I'm going to be 31 weeks on Tuesday and it's starting to dawn on me that it won't be that long until baby's here, especially as I had DS at 38 weeks so I should try and be ready by then.

I've started writing a to do list of things I need to get done before birth and I'm sure I've forgotten something so ladies please share what's on your to do lists.

So far I have

Wash clothes and bedding

Dig out and clean Moses basket and stand

Pack hospital bag/ bag for DS

Prepare a home birth box

Dig out car seat and double check expiry

Buy nursing bras

Buy nappies and a new changing mat

Mend a small hole in my stretchy wrap and wash wrap

Following for ideas! Most of my to-do list has to do with home improvements such as painting and setting up furniture. I'll wait on washing clothes and such until after my babyshowers, which are the 21st and 28th of Feb. That's when I'm gonna have to do real inventory and see what else we need. We have all the big stuff for baby already (crib, stroller, car seat, pack n play, dresser).

What I haven't thought about at all are nursing tops and bras! I need to remember to get some of those :D Recommendations for good ones?

Oh, and diapers! I'm so overwhelmed with cloth diaper options, I have no idea what to choose. I think we'll use disposables for the first couple of weeks though.

My only recommendation for nursing bras is try lots! What suits one woman won't suit another, I hate shopping for nursing bras and it took me forever to find ones I liked with DS.

I got my nursing bras from walmart. They were 15 bucks each and they are sooooo comfy! I didn't want to spend too much on them. Since I am not sure if I will be breastfeeding only or breastfeeding along with formula.

Another thing you can add to the list is buying diapers and wipes. Try to get a pack everytime there is a sale and sign up for the rewards program to save money and get coupons :)

Maggz sports bra's also make comfy feeding bra's if you aren't very well endowed! I've actually managed to find some feeding bra's that look like sports ones and are so comfy!

My list:
Finish sorting the clothes
Wash clothes
Set up the changing table
Finish organising the office so my parents have somewhere to sleep
Put the basinett together
Buy more nappies and other toiletries
Get a bag for the hospital
Decide what needs to go in the hospital bag
Buy nursing pads and maternity pads
Review what I still need to get for baby
Plan tests and exams for my kids for when I go off

I'm following. I'm like Maggz, most of my to do's have to do with the house and nursery. I haven't bought a single thing except one pack of wipes yet. I'm waiting for the shower in 2 weeks, except I am planning to buy the travel system next week.

I also want to use some cloth diapers but will do disposable the first few weeks so I'm kind of waiting till after the shower to go look at cloth. I think we will just do a little of both.

Right now my to do list is...

Have baby shower (8 hours away! Ugh)

Wash clothing

Wash Bedding

Pack hospital/Diaper bag

Do the hospital tour

Finish setting up nursery after shower

Have my carpets professionally cleaned (I have a small dog that knows better but still sometimes pees on the carpet :shrug::nope:)

Instal car seat and have it inspected

Edited to add: Buy nursing bras and tanks

I am sure that other items will pop into my head but as for now I think that's it.

My list:
Sort and wash clothes
Move crib into lo's room and set up a twin bed in dd's room. She is still cosleping with us though, but praying she will at least nap here.
Wash NB cloth diapers
Buy more wipes and NB disposables
Wash nursing pillow covers and baby wraps
Hospital bag/ bag for dd
Get rid of a lot of dd's clothes I was saving- give to my brother and dil
Wash covers for swing, car seat, bouncer, etc...
Buy a pack of bottles just in case!
Buy nursing and maternity pads
Make a few freezer ready meals
Get a take home outfit
Get sibling gifts

Still have 12 weeks to go here but feeling a bit behind, we have to:

Clean spare room/nursery and decide whether or not to get rid if the bed
Clean carpet in nursery
Buy cot bed
Collect travel system from shop
Buy and install car seat
Make a final decision on cloth nappies
Move our room around to fit small crib in
Find out what needs to go in hospital bag
Book antenatal classes and hospital tours
Buy teats for the just in case bottles
Buy clothes/bedding/blankets/bath etc for baby.

So far we have one pair if scratch mits, one blanket and my mum has bought our pram.

Anyone have any ideas what I should tackle first? It's a bit overwhelming at the moment.

I made a to do list the other day as I'm on maternity leave from this week, I'm gonna have to do like three things on there a week to get it all done.

So far I have to:
Sort and pack away DS1s old clothes
wash baby clothes, bedding, muslins etc
buy a bag for my hospital bag and pack it
pack a bag for DS1
buy some plastic drawers to go in our closet for baby's clothes (we are not setting up a nursery as my DS wants to share a room with his baby brother when he is big enough)
buy some nursing tops
plan and cook some meals for the freezer
prep the cloth nappies, breast pads and wipes I have
get the car valetted and install both boys new car seats
put the changing table and co sleeper together
re organise the kitchen and make space for the sterilizer, bottles, breast pump etc
buy a lamp/night light for our bedroom for night feeds
get DS1 a gift from the baby
get some kind of toy storage for the baby's things as we have been given lots of baby toys already

I think that's it but I also want to have a general clean and declutter the whole house as well.

Still have 12 weeks to go here but feeling a bit behind, we have to:

Clean spare room/nursery and decide whether or not to get rid if the bed
Clean carpet in nursery
Buy cot bed
Collect travel system from shop
Buy and install car seat
Make a final decision on cloth nappies
Move our room around to fit small crib in
Find out what needs to go in hospital bag
Book antenatal classes and hospital tours
Buy teats for the just in case bottles
Buy clothes/bedding/blankets/bath etc for baby.

So far we have one pair if scratch mits, one blanket and my mum has bought our pram.

Anyone have any ideas what I should tackle first? It's a bit overwhelming at the moment.

I would get the carpet cleaned first because then you don't have to move loads of furniture out of the room and once that's done then you can do everything else in your own time. I wouldn't worry too much about how much you do or don't have at the moment, you still have 12 weeks and I found that once we started getting the baby stuff it all happened fairly quickly :)

Rainbow I agree, carpet first and then I would do any shifting around of furniture and cleaning before you get bigger and also it'll give you a clear space to put any stuff you buy.

Sort out DD's old toys keeping/donating & her clothes.
OH wants the living room painted
Move our room around & set up crib.
Pack hospital bag
Make sure OH has his own section of drink & snacks & whatever else a man needs.
Pack a bag for DD (thanks ladies didn't even think about this!)
Wash babies clothes & bedding & towels.
Buy a bouncer
Get new memory cards for phone & camera.
Check baby monitor & room temperature night light still works.
Make sure there's food in freezer to last a few days.
Present for DD from baby

I think that's it!

I need to add a sibling present to my list

I'll share my to do list in a little while but there is one thing that this thread reminded me of: packing a bag for dd as she would be staying with my mom!

I also need to add sibling gift to my list! Although I have no idea what to get...

Following not ready to start a TO DO list since I have TO DO everything still :haha:

Bought the crib, dresser and rocking chair - not sure if we'll get baby's room set up in time since we have a room addition that may not be ready for my oldest son (soon to be 19yrs old).

I may have to set up in my room for a short time, then once ready move baby into his own room after home renovation.

Still need to buy EVERYTYHING else... not sure if we are having a baby shower I rather not. We'll need gender neutral clothes, diapers, receiving blankets, shower and lotion items, diapers, wipes, bottles, pump, nursing bras, bedding, diaper pail, changing pad for dresser, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->