To double buggy or not to double buggy.

Cat

Reaction score
Okay with only just over 3 months to go I really need to start thinking about this. Ihave very little experience with children, basically I learn as I go with mine! I really dont know if its worth investing in a double buggy or not, as its another big bulky buggy that I wonder if it will get much use? Noah is walking now and will be 18 months once bub is born, so how much longer will he want to go in the buggy? Should I just use a sling for baby and then when they are too heavy stick them in the buggy and get a buggy board for Noah? And realistically if I do get a double buggy do I opt for tandem (which OH prefers the idea of) or a sidebyside, which realisticaly can you even fit down shop isles?

I dont know what to do???

I didn't buy one, Amy was 2 when jack was born and i really regrett not getting one.

Didn't realise at that point that she was going to be an absolute nightmare walking but as most of them only go to the age of 3 i have missed out now.

if noah still naps wen out i say def!!! id b lost wiout mine!!!! chloe is 20 month and wen i took callum in a sling + her in buggy was a nytmare!!!! any qs just pm me hun xx

I have just over two years between Josh and Libs. I tried a tandem but it so heavy on the front its a struggle so most of the time I stick Libby in the sling and Josh in the pushchair to go down the school.

:D

I really want a phil and ted pushchair but they are so pricey! :cry:

oh i agree tandem is hard, side by sides r gr8 tho :D i have a tandem 4 sale if ur interested lol!!

I would go for a side by side except I live in a small town and the pavements are a nightmare!

sorry to say hun but you will need to get a double buggy.

its a 15min walk down to the toddler group. if Dior was to walk it would take 40mins. and she would moan for a pick up she will stand on the buggy board but soon get bored.

dont go for how light the double buggy is!! big mistake i wanted something really light so i got the lightest on the market and its horrid it bows in the middle i cant turn it with out it nearly snapping. its drags along the floor.
https://www.mamasandpapas.co.uk/product_details.php?id=1803689&type=I

out of all the buggies i have looked at i think this is the best
https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/double-pushc...9QQihZ009QQcategoryZ66704QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
scrol down to the bottom and have a look at the pics, its the size of a single buggy, but what i think is best is that the baby behind is high up so when they are older they aint stuck looking at the back of the other baby they still get to see every thing and the back lays flat and real snug and closed in for a newborn.
i really want one

i think this looks awfull. like a train its that long, i imagin it would be hard to get up curbs
https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GRACO-DOUBLE...ryZ66704QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

if it was me i would get a sling for teh baby then put the eldest buggy then swap when ababy is bigger get them in the pram them big one on the sufer board

i thot they need a buggy til they r 3ish or was i a lazy mare? :lol:

its not as easy as it sounds with one in a carrier one in buggy.

if i carry Harley in the sling when i lean down to Dior he nearly falls out. its a nightmare.

i have told kris i need a new double and he agrees mine in pants and i am telling the truth not just me having a fetish

Dionne said:
its not as easy as it sounds with one in a carrier one in buggy.

if i carry Harley in the sling when i lean down to Dior he nearly falls out. its a nightmare.

i have told kris i need a new double and he agrees mine in pants and i am telling the truth not just me having a fetish

ooppp forgot taht you have to lean down mmmmmm :lol:

lol Harley nearly goes head first on to the concrete. i hate leaving the house with 2 babies i go out once a week and thats when Kris mum has one of them for the day :lol:

i would go with the one dionne suggested the one that is like a single buggy as you want it to be practical as possible the last thing you want is to go out and struggle

spunky xx

I never thought about that Dionne with the slings :?

Right well I did a load of research last night and discussed with OH what our needs are. Now Noah was a big baby and we ended up using our sling very little cause he was quickly to heavy for it. Our current buggy gets the most use when we go shopping in the city or when I want to meet with other mums in the city, its a half hour walk which it will be a long time before Noah will be able to do that and back again! SO I really thing we do need a double. OH hates sidebyside buggies, and the main critisizm of them is they are not very good for getting around in shops, through doorways and down aisles, we both prefer tandems, SO it seems like the best one I can find is the Phil & Ted, its dimensions are not really any bigger than our existing buggy, plus unlike a lot of doubles, the newborn can lay flat on a proper mattress. And although its expensive it will get the most use, as you can convert it to a single buggy too, so when Noah doesnt need it we can still use it for just the one. This means we can claw back a bit of money by selling our exisiting buggy, cause we wont need to go back to it when we only have one child to puch round. We are going to Babyland tonight to have a proper look at one. So if anyone is interested we will be looking now at selling https://www.mamasandpapas.co.uk/product_details.php?id=P612P1500&type=I
I love this buggy to pieces! Its fantastic and cant fault it. £100

so are you only going to have the phil and teds? selling your others?
i would stil recomend having two. as when me and kris go out together we like one each

Dionne said:
so are you only going to have the phil and teds? selling your others?
i would stil recomend having two. as when me and kris go out together we like one each

Yup will sell the other one, its not worth both of us pushing buggies around, plus they are ulky things to store. We still have a little three wheel compact thing that is smaller than the Quinny and goes into its own little rucksack. But TBH thats great to take on holiday or drop off with Noah if his Nana is looking after him and wants to take him out. But we just find we still prefer to use the Biger All Terrain one cause its such a smooth ride with the pneumatic tyres, Its so manuverable and easy to push that Iprefer it to the little lightweight buggies.

Cat I've got the Phil & Teds for when this little one comes along. I thought that it looked like the best option with the age gap that we're having. Plus I needed one that was easy to get in and out of the boot and to push around the narrow pavements we have some places in our village.

every mum i have asked who as a phil and teds, they love it. just say its expensive but worth it.

if i see someone with a nice buggy i have to go and ask them :lol: i think its so easy to just get a buggy becasue i like the look. like i did with my mamas and papas but i think word of mouth is beter

I don't need one but Tam's sis looked at these.

I think the best on the market is the Jane one:
https://www.mothercare.com/gp/produ...?ie=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=42804041&mcb=core

But it's very expensive, even without the travel system.

Have a look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->