To know or not to know!? Gender

KimmieHawkins

Reaction score
Hubby and I cannot decide whether we want to find out the gender or wait until delivery. I personally want to know ASAP! LOL

This may sound terrible, but I would have a little sadness if it isn't a girl. Simply because this is for sure our final baby and we already have two sons. So I figured if I find out now I'll have time to pout and get over it and start preparing for my 3rd little ninja.

BUT the anxiousness of waiting until delivery sounds thrilling.

What are you last timers doing?

I have a son and this will be our last baby. We are definitely finding out. I'll be happy either way but DH wants another boy. My sister is a sono tech so she will do a scan at 14 weeks on Dec 23 so we can do a gender reveal on Christmas

I have a son and this will be our last baby. We are definitely finding out. I'll be happy either way but DH wants another boy. My sister is a sono tech so she will do a scan at 14 weeks on Dec 23 so we can do a gender reveal on Christmas

oh gosh!!! that's a great idea, I have a sono place here that does gender at 14 weeks. we wouldn't announce it until Valentines day.

I will be finding out as I did with my other two. I can't wait, won't wait lol. I had early scans for them because I am so impatient. It's a surprise either on the day of the scan or birth so personally I prefer to know, to bond, to make preparing and purchases easier. If we brought all neutral and ended up having a girl I think I'd slowly be re buying everything in pink. And then there is so many cool textiles for boys. Seriously it's cheaper to find out :haha:

I was going to wait and find out as this is our last baby as well and we also have two sons, but I couldn't wait and needed to know. I think it would be great to find out at birth but I guess I have to plan.

I want to know desperately. I am so impatient.... :hissy:

I felt like I NEEDED to know with my first so I could be prepared and design the nursery in a particular style and have all the clothes ready etc.

With my second I wanted to know because I reallyyyy wanted a girl (obviously happy with either but couldn't help but want one of each)

This time I'm not finding out because I already have twice before and a surprise would be awesome. You only need a few bits in newborn size and easy to buy gender neutral.

lol I need HAIRBOWS!!! LOL we have her named picked out and everything. lol I need to know! but now I have to find out how to get hubby on board.

I have done both.. First we had a surprise, second we found out.. This is our third and final and will definitely be having a surprise again. For me as much as it can be frustrating at times not knowing, nothing beats being handed your baby and telling you what it is :) especially when it's the total opposite to what you had thought all along! However I do think sometimes it's the logical thing to do to find out. It has it's pros and cons I guess :) xx

We found out. I never considered not finding out. It just wasn't practical for us. Too much to buy and get ready for not to mention trying to choose a name. I love that we're having a boy! I can't wait to go shopping for little boy things. I think we would have been just as happy for a girl but we just wanted to know.

I have a DD and a DS and we found out gender for both at around 16 weeks. We wanted to do something different this pregnancy, since it's our last, so we are *planning* to wait until delivery. Who knows if we'll make it haha!

Lol you sound like me. We already planning our elective ultrasound at 14 weeks. Lol

I am 7 weeks pregnant with my 4th baby.

1st baby.....didn't find out because babies legs were crossed. Now baby is a 17 year old man....almost :thumbup::thumbup:

2nd baby found out and have a 5 year old girl:happydance:

3rd baby found out and have 7 month old baby girl:baby:

4th baby.......I am in 2 minds. I want another boy and would be happy with a girl but worry I would be visibly disappointed at the scan if it is a girl. I might wait until the birth for a huge surprise. This is definitely our final baby and a surprise might be nice.

I already have boy baby feelings though :thumbup:

We were team yellow until today when we finally broke and decided to find out! Lol.

I think I confirmed my decision when I thought about the fact that it will help dh Bond more with the baby if we know the gender. It's a bit difficult to picture baby when we keep referring to him or her as it! It will also help me Bond better as well to be honest, sometimes it feels a bit surreal and I even have moments when I forget I'm pregnant haha. But my aches and pains and Ms soon remind me again!

It's our first so we will be happy with a him or a her! Just really can't wait!

I'm finding out ASAP! We both want a girl.. it will be our only baby, we're not doing this again. We will of course be happy with a boy too, we just don't know what to do with one! Little girls have always loved me... lol. And little boys terrify my husband. We're doing a Xmas gender reveal as well. It will be a surprise.. both families have been asking when I find out and I just say "gender scan is scheduled for Dec. 31st". Which is not a lie.. that's the hospital one. I'm getting a private scan earlier :p Xmas will be spent with my family and the weekend following will be with husbands family. We've had a girl name picked out for years and still haven't been able to settle on a boys name so fingers crossed!

I have 2 boys both surprises. If we are lucky enough to get a 3rd I would go for surprise again. In just about every other aspect of my life I plan and research and overprepare but there is something about the not knowing with babies that I love!!

I want a surprise this time. The first time I was DESPERATE to know, and the second time I was DESPERATE for a girl. I'm happy to wait now.

Y'all are getting me so excited!!! I can't wait! Bc I'm ready to buy the big southern hair bows and monogram outfits. Lol

I've had two surprises both boys. I would like a girl for a change but figure it will most probably be a boy which is wonderful too. We can't decide whether to find out this time for something new!

lol I need HAIRBOWS!!! LOL we have her named picked out and everything. lol I need to know! but now I have to find out how to get hubby on board.

My advice is if you dont already know then learn about nubs! Try and get you NT scan as close to 13 weeks as possible a few days over rather than under. If you know what you are looking for you should come out with a pretty good idea as to what you are having but officially wont know;) so DH can have his surprise:). I can pm a link about learning nubs if your interested :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->