• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

To know the sex or not know the sex

Angel

Reaction score
My 20 week scan is next week and my OH doesn't want to know the sex of the baby(tho he is adament it's a girl),He said I could find out If I really wanted to.I am just wondering does it ruin the experience at the end?I didn't find out with my first cause I had a definate feeling I was having a boy.I also dont know if I could keep it a secret from my OH.:wacko:

I found out what I was having with my 3, I don't feel as though it ruined to moment. Although if I manage to conceive again I won't be finding out,I will wait till the big day. I have already got 3 sons, so if it is another boy well so be it and if it is a girl well that would be a wonderful suprise.

maybe you could get the Dr to write it down and put it in an envelope and if you both change your mind you can open it together.

That is great advice Bek,I never thought of that.Thanks.:hugs:

we found out and i thought i spoiled it a bit so this time we're gonna let it be a surprise

We were so excited with pregnancy with previous problems we wanted to know I did wonder if after I'd regret it but made it me bond more knowing she was not an it and calling her caitlin - im referring to a person if you know what I mean.

Good luck :D Hard lol You could always have that envelope idea and if one opens it they put in new envelope for the OH if they change mind too :D

With my 1st i never found out and it was such a lovely surprise, i have found out this time i couldnt wait, not even for the 20 wk scan lol. Anyway some days i wish ide waited :blush: but others i love knowing shes a she so theres good and bad points!
I def couldnt keep the secret lol im terrible! I would say go with what u feel best!
XX

I didn't find out with Seren and it was such an amazing moment when OH told me we had a daughter, when passing her to me (god I still well up at that). I am not going to find out this time either, and I am going to look for myself, fojus fe rihtto have OH tell me what we had no someoneI didn't know. I personally found it really helped especially as I had a tough labour and it was only the fact I was going to meet my baby and find out that kept me going at times. Plus I am not a fan of blue for a boy and pink for a girl so nurseries are neutral anyway and a for the clothes I just bought a few bascs and took my litte girl shopping, plus our friends and family spoilt her rotten. However some people like to feel organised so whatever suits you do it. I know people who found out and they were happy with knowing before the birth.

I found out with both my girls and i loved it ....

It made me bond like wobbs with them more cause i wasn't calling them 'it'

xxx

We didn't find with out with our first 2 children & haven't found out this time either.

I don't feel like i didn't bond with my DD or DS, so i don't think i missed out on anything. It is such a wonderful moment when my OH has been able to tell me if we have a boy or girl & i look forward to him doing the same thing again!!

I was tempted this time to find out, my DD who is nearly 5 really wanted to know if she is having a sister, but i didn't want to risk them getting it wrong & her being disappointed. It isn't that long to wait!!

I never called my babies it, Seren was squigglybean and this one is spud, then it is always, them, they etc. Hate the word it, makes baby sound like an object

We didn't find with out with our first 2 children & haven't found out this time either.

I don't feel like i didn't bond with my DD or DS, so i don't think i missed out on anything. It is such a wonderful moment when my OH has been able to tell me if we have a boy or girl & i look forward to him doing the same thing again!!

I had to remind OH, he was too busy smiling at her and I was like "well...what have we got". Half expected hiom to turn round and go "a baby" :dohh:

Come to think of it, i've never called my babies 'it' either, usually just baby, or any nickname that we have at the time.

I had to remind OH, he was too busy smiling at her and I was like "well...what have we got". Half expected hiom to turn round and go "a baby" :dohh:

Sounds like something my OH would do too, when our DS was born i think he was glad he wasn't going to be outnumbered by girls!!

its your choice if you want to then go for it !
But i am so glad i did not find out because i think it will be a lovely surprise for the birth day
which is 3 days away yey

Goodluck Fruity,Thankyou for all your advise,It took me back to when my son was born and that moment that I was told I had a son.:cry:
I don't think I will find out,and I know what you mean about nicknames,my son was smeggles(red dwarf ref my OH's idea).I need to come up with a nickname for this one lol.

Good luck Meli :D

Smeggles lol Cute :lol: My li girls a little moo - I should stop that really! lol

I was far too excited that the excitment got the better of me and I couldnt wait to find out. I dont think it will ruin the moment though. The shopping etc is so much fun :)

I still have a debate going on in my head about whether or not I want to know as well... I want it to be a suprise but at the same time I want to start buying gender specific and I want to break the news to everyone in an unforgettable way. I have 3 more days to think about this LOL it's going to drive me nuts!!!

I know what you mean turbo,My scan is tomorrow and I keep changing my mind.UGH:wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->