To share a room or not to share a room...

I wouldn't think some noise in the morning would affect development. The only thing I can find on the net is continous white noise that's loud enough to drown out environmental sounds which is apparently bad. But I doubt that some noise in the mornings will do any harm. I'm pretty sure my DH was raised in a pretty noisy household with e.g. lots of loud voices (his family talk loudly, not that they shout or anything!) and he's fine! He can actually sleep through almost anything :winkwink: Your SO could always try and lessen how much noise he makes though, maybe? But either way I doubt that it'll affect anything. I don't think keeping things absolutely quiet for baby is good either as then baby will only be able to sleep when it's completely quiet which is a bad thing in the long run.

Haha I'm the same way. I sleep through everything. Ty you all for putting me at ease :). I have my eye on the gracco bassinet that flips over into a changing table. We're running out of space in here with two dog crashes, nightstands, queens bed, and two dressers

We've always had our babies in our room with us for the first year, and then moved them into their own rooms. However, we're in a much smaller house now so the baby will probably stay with us for a couple years or until he / she outgrows the cot!

Ideally I want one of those co-sleeping bassinets as I'll be having another caesar and don't want to get out of bed to fetch baby (I remember that being difficult and painful for the first few weeks) so a co-sleeper would allow me to just roll onto my side and scoop baby up, then plop him / her back afterwards. Once he / she has outgrown the bassinet we'd progress to a cot, and that should last until the age of 2, hopefully.

Don't worry about the caesar impeding you fetching him / her from your son's room because you should be all healed after a month or so, so 6 months down the line you'll be good as new again! I was driving after 4 weeks with my last!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->