To take the kids to see Harry Potter?

cooper2010

Reaction score
My kids are 6 and 8. They have seen all of the movies up until the last ones part 1 and obviously part 2. They see the commercials for the movie and say they want to see it...but I am hesitant because there seems to be more death involved in the last film than with others. I have talked with them about the movie, being "pretend" and that there are "actors". But I am just not sure what I want to do. If we do take them to the movie in the theater, I am opting for 2D not 3D and of course I will be with them the whole time.

What does everyone think?

Whey aye, every kid seems to love Harry Potter. They see death and what not in cartoons so I don't see how this is any different :)

I am taking my 9yr old to see it in 3D and too add to the effect we are going at 00.01am for the first screening the day its released..I know he wont be affected in any way (other than enjoyment). I guess it depends on your Children as to if you should let them see it..but I have no qualms about taking mine..x

My 3 1/2 year old is begging me to take him !!! But I dont even know what the cert. is and if he will be allow in. lol

My 3 1/2 year old is begging me to take him !!! But I dont even know what the cert. is and if he will be allow in. lol

Its PG-13 so as long as you are there they cant not let him in. With mine, if I do take them, I can occupy them ith consessions if they become uninterested.

It's 12A so you can take him in :) ........will he actually sit through it though? I wouldn't have known what the hell was going on at that age! :haha:

Depends on your kids, I guess. I've read the books cause I'm a closet HP nerd and there are a few deaths in this movie, and parts of it will be a little scary.
But I think they'll be okay as long as they know mum is there!
Let me know how you get on if you choose to take them :flower:

Im going to take them. I have to wait though, a few weeks....for 4 to go to the movies its a small fortune!

I personally would not take a 6 year old to see these films. We saw them both one after the other on Wednesday night and although Xander (6) is major advanced in reading and lots of other things, we wouldnt have understood them and they were too complex and a bit scary for him.

UPDATE!

We went and the kids did really well. I spent the past week explaing the makeup, green screen and computer editing. Plus, I kept reminding them that it was a scray movie. Up until we got the popcorn, I gave them the option to change their minds. But the didn't and they did great! They may not have fully understood what was going on at some points, heck , I don't think my husabnd fully understood. But over all they liked it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->