To TENS or not to TENS?

I found TENs the best last time around. I had very strong contractions as was induced with PET so spent most of the time contracting and very little time in between. The gas was useless but the TENs was amazing. Couldn't bear the thought of going through labour without it this time around. My MW let me use hers last time and we have the same arrangement this time around. The BOOST option is bliss with a contraction. I nearly thumped OH when he had the control for a bit while I was trying to use hte gas and he turned it off too quick, midway through a contraction. Arggghhhhh! I felt the difference and I was in established labour. I reckon that it would definitely delay the need for meds if that is what you are after. I had nothing except TENs and Gas but probably won't bother with gas this time.

I have bought an Elle Tens second hand from someone on Netmums. They have a good resale value so will probably sell it afterwards.

I hope to use the pool so am gonna use it for at home in a hope it keeps me from the hospital for as long as possible!

I bought the Labour TENS from Lloyds pharmacy.

Yesterday we tried them on my OH!!! hahaha, it was hilarious (we only tried them on his arm, and just two of the gel patches, though we tried the boost bottom!!).

I do hope it helps me, as my mw said it could be helpful on the first stage of labour. So fingers crossed.

Get a TENS! I cannot recommend them highly enough! Mine allowed me to have a natural birth, and I never got above setting 6.

I really think it would only be effective in labour though, and you should use it from the beginning. I remember accidentally touching it to my hand and it hurt!

Your hospital should have ones you can borrow, so before you go out and buy one, ring the ward and ask.

great thread, we've just been to Lloyds and they are on sale for £15, OH asked if i want one (he was actually going to buy me something!!!!) but i wasnt sure... think i will get it tho, spesh after reading this
so ta muchly!!

great thread, we've just been to Lloyds and they are on sale for £15, OH asked if i want one (he was actually going to buy me something!!!!) but i wasnt sure... think i will get it tho, spesh after reading this
so ta muchly!!
Are you sure that is the Labour TENS? They carry other TENS machines that are not for labour (some cost more, some cost less). I was just in on Thursday and they weren't on sale... Just the storewide discount of 20% was going on. But perhaps they're just on sale in your area and not mine!

This is the one you want:
https://www.lloydspharmacy.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=1008&storeId=90&productId=322651&langId=-1&parent_category_rn=&top=&top_category=&fromPage=Search&hotspot_prefix=

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->