• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

To those who have experienced labour before - How long were you 'pushing'??

90 minutes. It didn't feel that long though and the pushing stage was surprisingly natural - my body just got on with it. I wasn't 'told' to push, I just couldn't help myself and my midwife didn't really intervene, she just let my body do its thing.

8 minutes with DS and 4 minutes with DD.

My daughter I was pushing for about 15-20 minutes. Wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. She was 9lbs 5oz. I was very happy with my epidural. :)

I was out of it on pethidine when it came to pushing with first but I think it was something like 10-15mins. Second baby was around 5-10mins.

You're all lucky! I was pushing for an hour and a half!!! Between each contraction I felt like I could just fall asleep!

They were indeed lucky lol, I think I pushed for like 2hrs and I was actually falling asleep btw contractions, lol.

Not sure if I've posted on this thread already but 1st bub I pushed for 25 minutes he was 8lb 4oz and 2nd bub I pushed for 8 minutes and he was 9lb, both drug free.

You're all lucky! I was pushing for an hour and a half!!! Between each contraction I felt like I could just fall asleep!

They were indeed lucky lol, I think I pushed for like 2hrs and I was actually falling asleep btw contractions, lol.

I was talking asleep between contractions too. Not sure if I was at the pushing stage too or not, but I know I was earlier, even despite having 5 powerful syntocinon contractions every 10 minutes.

About ten to twenty mins with my first and about five mins or less with my second

3 pushes and he was out, I had a water birth and he was my first. I arrived at the hospital at 7-8cm though so was only there an hour before he was born. I'm dreading how quick the next ones gonna be. X

4 pushes. I did push so hard though that I tore badly. I'll take it a bit easier next time!!!

3 hours! I´m hoping this one will be quicker, it was exhausting.

My labour experience with dd1 wasn't great, I was in labour for 24 hours and pushed for 90 minutes before doctors decided I needed forceps. I drank raspberry leaf tea from 33 weeks too! I don't think the size of my baby's head helped matters though- 99 on the centile chart!
Really hoping baby number 2 is quicker and easier but people say your second tends to be bigger don't they?!
Xx

Yes usually bugger but not always, depends on loads of stuff. Bt you have been there and done it now so hopefully your body is more prepared for pushing a baby out this time x

I pushed with DD for 35mins. My DS was an emcs so no pushing that time.

Almost two hours but I was fighting the pushing stage because it hurt and scared me (my son was back to back).

Just had my 3rd baby and there was no pushing! She just pushed her self out lol. My body took over completely and it auto pushed her head once and body once. I had no control over it at all didn't gave to do anything but open my legs :-0 no tears no stitches - it's been 4 days and apart from light bleeding I feel back to normal down there. Could do pelvic floor same day and everything... X

Just wanted to update with my 2nd baby I pushed for about a minute!!!! I had to buzz the MW and try and stop myself until she came, I was still in the asessment room!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->