To wait, or not to wait....?

May112

Reaction score
I've decided to wait to try. We've been trying a year and a half. This year alone got pregnant twice, both lost to chemical pregnancies. My naturalpath says I should take a break to let my body heal (lost both between 4-5 weeks). My ob/gyn Dr says there's no need to wait with chemicals, so I don't know. Either way I think I need some mental/emotional healing time and time away from all the stress of TTC and being scared over the idea of another chemical. I haven't shared this yet with hubby but I'm sure he'll be right on board. Now...how to keep busy?...lol. Do you ladies actually avoid trying to get pregnant during this time or are you just no longer actively trying? Anything you do to your body in the meantime to prep? I'm not sure I ovulate EVERY month, and dh has poor motility. I'm 32 with one ovary so don't really want to wait long. I'm thinking a couple months.

A break sounds like it is what you need. While I am waiting we are preventing pregnancy (Contraceptive Pill) as we are waiting for my OH to be in his new job about a year and we're planning one more overseas trip for the month after we've decided to TTC. Things I do to keep busy:

- Eat healthy, focus on exercise and getting my body in the best place possible for TTC
- Focus on my mental health, practice Yoga (which helps with above too!)
- Get in some quality time with my OH, hiking, dinners out etc that we may not have time for with a baby
- I cross-stitch, so I have many projects on the go, trying to get some done before I get caught up in all the baby ones I have planned for my LO eventually!
- I am attempting to finish a 5000 piece puzzle...
- I have a 40 before 30 list I am working on (see: https://sewingbutterfly.wordpress.com/)

I am so sorry for your losses :( I hope that a break allows you to get back on track mentally and physically. I have never seen a naturalpath, but my friend swears by hers and says that she's never been healthier....up to you though :) Only you know what truly matters to your heart.

I do know of other ladies who just NTNP rather than TTC on a break. Good Luck and I hope you get that little bundle soon :D

Sorry to hear about your 2 chemicals, my best friend has just had one last week and she still can't stop crying.
I would still keep trying but try not to test until a week after you normally would...( I know it would be hard to wait )
Good luck.xxxx

Sorry for your losses :hugs: if you need a break you take a break! In this section (WTT) most people are preventing pregnancy as opposed to NTNP
To pass the time I try and plan things, days out, holidays and look forward to closer things that are happening, like my hen party, wedding and honeymoon! They're almost taking my mind off TTC at the minute :haha:
:flower:

From a physical point of view a chemical doesn't necessarily implant fully so strictly your OBGYN is correct as there's nothing to physically recover from. However, emotionally, they're terrible (had 1 myself the month before conceiving DS2) and every bit of destructive as an MC.

If you need time, you take it. Maybe just stop worrying about it and just go about life as you normally would but don't put up any barriers and see what happens. you never know what life will bring.

Good luck and I hope you're ok.

So sorry for your losses. Maybe a little break would be good for you and help you feel refreshed when you do start again. Make sure you treat yourself and your hubby - go out for dinner, book a spa day, do something fun together and make the break a really positive thing. If we feel a bit snowed under and we can't actually go on holiday - we like to have a week or weekend where as soon as work finishes we pretend we're on holiday and go and do tourist-y things, go for walks and bike rides and eat out - i love this as a way to fill time and it really feels good to be spending quality time together. Also there's no reason why you can't be NTNP during your break if you feel that's right for you :)

Really wishing you good luck and a short wait :) xxx

If you are going to take a break take a proper one, no temping, no charting and no bnb.

Find a project to get stuck into.

Good luck for the future

Thanks sooooo much everyone for taking time to respond and share your ideas and thoughts. Ya, I think we'll ntnp for this month. We'll probably try again next month. I talked to hubby and he didn't care to take a break as he feels we have little time. He's nearly 35, I'm turning 33 this year and we both want at least 2 kids.

I'm still weary about going the Dr route who just seems to want us to spend all this money and do various procedures, and the naturalpath who wants to take time to cleanse and says we shouldn't try while cleansing for at least 3 months, but says I should be pregnant by this time next year. Because she's older with no kids yet, she keeps saying I'm young and talks about clients who are in their 40s having babies....well...I don't want that to be me. But I don't know. I'm trying to be patient and make the best choice...but I just don't feel like I know what that is anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->