Toddler curly hair care?

HLx

Mummy to Layla, George & Enzo <3
Reaction score
My son is 17 and a half months and has tight curls at the back and is pretty straight at the front. It's an absolute nightmare to keep it looking tidy. If he washed it in the morning his hair stays amazing all day, but due to being in work he needs a bath in the evening, once he wakes up its like a big frizzy birds nest and looks like I've never brushed it in his life haha

I've tried Johnsons leave in conditioner and I also use the garnier hair food banana mask/conditioner in the evenings after washing his hair, but its still looking awful when he wakes up.

My daughter had really curly hair too, but at his age I could just tie it up if it looked a bit frizzy, I can't do that with Enzo :haha:

Any help would be amazing.

This photo was from this morning you can see how crazy his hair is from washing it last night, I used conditioning spray on it too, but it makes the straight bits look greasy but still frizzy

20210423_095918.jpg

Hi! I’m no expert. I have curly hair (mixed black and Thai), and my son definitely inherited my hair.

I happen to like the shaggy hair look, too. So again take our regime with a grain of salt.

I actually can’t wash his hair every day as it dries out. I do wet our hair every day, but formal washing for him is when his hair starts to smell neutral vs omg baby head lol. I just wash my hair when I brush it like once a week.

I use the fairy tales shampoo and conditioner, I just get it at target. A lot of my friends swear by the brand. I get the formula specific for curly hair, and it’s definitely worked best with his hair this far. This is also when I brush out his hair, while the conditioner is soaking in. Same thing I do for my hair.

Then day to day, I wet his hair with my hands in the morning. Once it’s a little damp, I spray it with So Cozy kids leave in curl and style it by hand.

What works for us may not work for him but I hope you find something <3. Curly hair is so wonderful once you find your routine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->