toddler pillows

Discussion in 'Toddler & Pre-School' started by oct-bump, Jan 30, 2011.

1. oct-bump

oct-bump Well-Known Member

What's the difference between a toddler pillow and normal pillow? Do I have to buy a toddler pillow or will a normal one work?

2. hardworknmama

hardworknmama mama of 2 + WTT/NTNP

Toddler pillows are thinner and smaller. I gave my toddler a pillow once we moved him out of the crib at age 2 and just gave him a regular pillow. I didn't give him a king size fluffy pillow or anything over the top like that. HTH!

3. Mynx

Mynx Mum of 2 Gorgeous Girls!!

I just use a spare one that we had for Evie - it was a cheap one so not as thick and bouncy as the more expensive ones! It does the job just fine :thumbup:

4. Apen2009

Apen2009 Well-Known Member

we initially bought a toddler pillow. . . it didn't last long.. . after a couple of wash cyles all the stuffing was bunched up. . .it seemed to small. We transitioned her to a regular pillow pretty quickly. Just look for a relatively flat, non-fluffy one. I think as long as your LO wont get his head under it. . .he/she should be fine with it. . .

5. amie-leigh

amie-leigh Mummy To Princess Morgan

we use just a normal asda smart price pillow for morgan they are thin but i suppose you get what you pay for :haha:

6. Aunty E

Aunty E Mummy to Mog and Teddy

Mog has a cot pillow in her cot, which is really flat and has a flatter bit in the middle (from Ikea). I'm going to get her their flattest synthetic pillow for her big bed though, as all of ours are feather at the moment and she doesn't like sleeping on them in our bed, so I doubt she'd like it in her own.

7. Ilovehim89

Ilovehim89 Well-Known Member

James just has a regular $3 pillow i bought from walmart...He seems to like it.

8. Nibblenic

Nibblenic Well-Known Member

WE used a supermarket basic brand one as its thin and small Lol without paying the expensive price tag. Los very happy with it