toddler shoes

I tend to buy either Clarks or Startrite.

My LO is a G fit in Clarks and an H in startrite and has a very high instep too.

Personally I much prefer the Startrite to Clarks as I like the slim traditional rather than the clumpier, rubberised ones. Georgia has one pair of clarks star fun fst and two pairs of startrite bubble. The startrite bubble is a gorgeous white leather t-bar but her first pair got scuffed to hell so I bought a second pair to wear with her pretty dresses.

I don't mind paying the money for her shoes as most of her clothes are from George, or Tesco anyway so it balances out.

I also think if the main shoes are fitted then it is fine to get cheaper occasional ones. Max is mostly barefoot in the house.

Sorry Seity but there is no way I would get Max a pair of shoes that were too big for him. I wouldn't do it for myself so wouldn't expect him to have uncomfy shoes either.

I also think if the main shoes are fitted then it is fine to get cheaper occasional ones. Max is mostly barefoot in the house.

Sorry Seity but there is no way I would get Max a pair of shoes that were too big for him. I wouldn't do it for myself so wouldn't expect him to have uncomfy shoes either.

I think he's worn them all of 3 times and one of those he was in the stroller. He walks barefoot or in socks, so I don't see the point in buying him better shoes yet. I keep checking the 2nd hand store, but they haven't had any in his size yet. When I win the lotto, I'll pay $$$ for shoes. I buy mine 2nd hand too.

Thanks everyone. I've just seen these and I love them so they're not much more expensive than the ones I've seen in Next only a lot lot nicer https://www.startriteshoes.com/boys/first-walking-shoes/abacus

Will have a look at these Clarks Doodles too, cheers :thumbup:

I think he's worn them all of 3 times and one of those he was in the stroller. He walks barefoot or in socks, so I don't see the point in buying him better shoes yet. I keep checking the 2nd hand store, but they haven't had any in his size yet. When I win the lotto, I'll pay $$$ for shoes. I buy mine 2nd hand too.

I know they are so expensive. I don't know how Clarks can justify it, they cost nearly as much as adult shoes.

Aisling always has one pair of Clarkes shoes for regular use and then she'll have a couple of pairs of cheap sandals or boots for occasional. I don't mind the sandals at all as you can see if they're too small. She's a G with a high instep so she's a bit trickier than others would be.

I personally think it's really important for them to be in well fitting shoes. I wouldn't have known that Aisling has a high instep without professional help. I wouldn't buy second hand shoes, as tempting as it is, as shoes tend to mould themselves to the foot of the wearer so a second hand pair will already be in a shape to suit the previous owner. The bones in kids feet are so soft that this can impede proper growth. She gets cheap and second hand clothes in every aspect except her shoes :)

I buy a pair out of Clarks and then buy some cheaper ones as well. He has a pair of rebook trainers that came with an insole thingy that you check the width and where their toes should be by holding it up against their feet and if it's over too small if it's under the toe print Picture too big and anywhere inside that small band is perfect. I find some of Clarks shoes are quite clumpy for boys as well and hard to get a pair to match loads of outfits rather than one or two but do try and wear those most often etc

Lilly has always had a pair of clarks in her size... BUT they were never brought by me. Mum always gets her them. I buy normal shoes etc from the shop!!

She has dolly shoes from next ... perfect fit ! £10
wellies from m&s £7
jellie shoes from next Also perfect! £10
Boots from tesco £12
flip flops from next also amazing £7
:)

Its never caused lilly a problem with walking cause she dont have expensive shoes. her current clarks shoes didnt have her right size so have insoles in. Cost my mum £42 for the pair of shoes and 1 set of insoles. size 6 x

Lilly has always had a pair of clarks in her size... BUT they were never brought by me. Mum always gets her them. I buy normal shoes etc from the shop!!

She has dolly shoes from next ... perfect fit ! £10
wellies from m&s £7
jellie shoes from next Also perfect! £10
Boots from tesco £12
flip flops from next also amazing £7
:)

Its never caused lilly a problem with walking cause she dont have expensive shoes. her current clarks shoes didnt have her right size so have insoles in. Cost my mum £42 for the pair of shoes and 1 set of insoles. size 6 x

Sounds like Madis shoe collection. Although she keep bugging me for some Lelli Kellys. Although, personally, i could NEVER justify spending £45 on a pair of shoes.

I got her Nike trainers for £7 in JJB the other day, and they're so soft and comfy. I want some!

Sometimes but generally no. She has a few next pairs - wellies, jellies for holiday and sandals for holiday but her proper shoes are clarks. She likes wearing doodles at the mo and theyre only £15 when she isn't wearing her 'princess shoes' (covered in silver sequins with a silver ribbon as laces!).

At this age, there's really no point in spending a lot of money, because they outgrow them so fast.. or, if they're like mine, they pull or kick them off when you're not looking and they're lost forever! You're not cheating your baby by getting slightly cheaper shoes.

I paid £44 for a pair of Lily
I bought these from the a childrens shoe shop because i didnt like clarks
https://www.kidscontinental.com/product.php?productid=17678&cat=0&page=2
shed had them a week and they were ruined because she got paint on them at nursery!
so i think im going to buy a cheap pair for nursery

amelies first pair of shoes were almost £60 :eek: I had to though cos she had such tiny and narrow feet and clarks didnt do them small enough.

At this age, there's really no point in spending a lot of money, because they outgrow them so fast.. or, if they're like mine, they pull or kick them off when you're not looking and they're lost forever! You're not cheating your baby by getting slightly cheaper shoes.

not all babies feet grow fast. Amelie is now a 5E but her shoes last her atleast 3-4 months.

Ladies if you have an 'outlet village' near you pop into clarks there - we bought a few lovely pairs of doodles for Oliver for the summer £10 a pair :thumbup: xxx

I get Issy's shoes at a Clarks factory outlet - much cheaper. Her last pair was £15 - there might be one near you, try googling?
I have to say I always buy her fitted shoes, because I have a lot of problems with my feet (my arch is virtually non existant and I stand naturaly on the outside edge of my feet!) and don't want her to suffer the same.

Sorry, should read the second page before I post ^^ didn't realise it had already been said!

I buy Imogen unfitted shoes all the time, mostly canvas shoes as she goes through them really quickly. She has two pairs of start rite shoes, but I'd need to remortgage to get her any more. Although the pumps are only £15.

we only go to startrite for lyssa (the closest clarks to us is awful, the one in the city is great but i figure why pay the travel costs when i can go to startrite)
lyss is now a size 4, and is in startrites version of doodles at the moment, i like knowing her shoes are properly fitted, all though she does have some mothercare crocs for the beach and some sainsbury's wellies, but her main shoes are properly fitted x

Summer's first pair were from Clarkes. Now I buy most of her shoes from next, they fit her well and are lovely!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->