Toddler Sleepless nights support thread

Just back from the sleep clinic. It sounds promising but it's a slow process. They only change a couple of things at a time and it can take a few weeks to sort. That's ok by me though as it's the support I think I need the most.

This week we're keeping a sleep diary.
We've also been asked to change her diet a bit as she's so active the hv thinks she possibly needs more frequent, smaller meals with more carbs. I think it's a good step. Something I hadn't really thought about either. She said that especially for her dinner, up her slow releasing carbs, so include avocado (Marlie hates avo, so she suggested mixing it with banana), brown rice and sweet potatoes. She also said for her snacks to try to give her eggy bread cut up and give her a soldier with some fruit. I'll try anything! I'll let you know how we get on.

well zanes now back in his own room, i refuse to co sleep anymore he drives me nuts lol

hes still waking in the night around once or twice and i just give him a bottle and go back to bed lol

just put him down for a nap cuz hes so tired and all hes doin is screaming and as usual the oh isnt doin a thing to help

OMG!! My normally, exceptionally good sleeper has become a horror overnight! She has slept through properly since about 6weeks old and now, at nearly 18 months she is awful! For the past week or so, she goes to bed at her normal time and screams and screams, she can barely breathe, she sobs it's horrendous! The first night we ran in because we thought she was choking we were so relieved that, instinctively picked her up and now, since then it's been awful. I still panic though because she is beside herself. I have no idea what to do! One idea I do have is that perhaps she's sleeping too much during the day - she has about 3 hours. If I cut this down, do you think it would help? How much sleep should an 18 month old have? She's been at it an hour now!!

Past couple of weeks here have been awful. Im on some new medication which is making me realy tired and Seth has been sleeping really really badly. We've decided he's not coming in our bed anymore. If he cries, we go through to check he's ok, pop his dummy in then leave him and if he cries he cries. It's heartbreaking but he's not properly awake and we don't let him get into a state. If he gets too worked up we go straight through and calm him down.

Last night was ok, he woke twice (once we gave him calpol because he had a temp and the other his nappy leaked so we changed him and put him in the travel cot which is still set up. Never cam into our bed once. It's awful listening to him cry but he seems fine today.

Hopefully tonight will be easier.

xxx

well if its possible, last night was worse. matts been up since 430, Me since 530.

He just has tantrums in his sleep i dont understand.

Is it night terrors? My LO hasn't had them but I've heard about them. x

I might google it, I thought it might be nightmares but I didnt know if they got them at this age, thanks :) x

*edit* read up about nightmare/night terrors and it sounds exactly like that except that it says after 15/20 minutes they settle down into sleep again but he doesn't he pretty much cried last night for 3 1/2 hours.

Bleurgh dont know what to do x

Ffion does that too somenights and i never know why either

zane was a nighmare last night constant screaming for hours.
i felt like just walking out last night and not coming back, i dont no how many more nights of not sleeping i can take

Why doesn't the stork deliver a manual when she drops off the bundles?!!! :haha:

After almost a year or sleeping thru...Charlotte has decided to wake 6-7 times a night for the past 2 weeks. All she wants is a cuddle to go back to sleep, but YIKES...with a newborn getting up every two hours and her every two hours (and they take opposite hours so we're up EVERY hour!) it's getting SO TIRING! I think it's cause she's in her toddler bed now. Dunno why, but since we put her in there she has been doing this almost every night. I can understand when she falls out (usually once a night), but...several times just for a cuddle!! DH worked last night so was just me with the kids. SO SLEEPY

i had to have zane in bed with me last night but hes such a riggle bum i didnt get much sleep :(

i might have to resort to drugging him haha

altho on a good note past few nights he has gone without his middle of the night bottle so maybe he will start sleeping soon (touch wood)

Ugh someone make Hayden sleep please!!!! He has been in bed almost 2hrs and still isn't sleeping. He has been throwing a fit, calling mommy and crying on and off. We don't do CIO as babies, but I don't really consider it that when a toddler is doing it JUST to get the attention you know and when you walk in they smile and are fine. But I keep going in to calm him, he got so worked up earlier the only thing that got him to calm down was me holding him then I tried to get him back in his bed and he flipped out again. So I brought him out and he laid on my chest for awhile but then started playing so I put him back down. We just gave him his own room away from his brothers and I think he's having a hard time adjusting :( But man this day has already been really long and exhausting and DH still isn't home...I just want him to sleep :(

Well zane went to bed around 9.30pm last night and slept thru till 5am!

Too early for me to get up but atleast he didnt wake, he only moaned for a second then went back to sleep.

Im off out tonight so my mum can deal with him lol

i actually think i belong here too (never noticed it before).

My Ali has never been a great sleeper. Goes through periods of sleeping through and then not sleeping through. He is now almost 13 months old and is going through one of his 'not sleeping through' phases. I am shattered and need some snooze........

he goes down religiously at 9pm every night, will wake up at 3am crying, screaming. Takes ages to comfort him and to get him back to sleep. He will eventually go back down till 6.30-7am if i am lucky.

I refuse to leave him crying, just breaks my heart to do that so i stay with him and just cuddle him till he goes back to sleep.

i am soooooo tired though and it is worse being pregnant and working part time too! i just hope he grows out of it, really i do.

I am so here. Brenn has never been a good sleeper, and still isn't. Now at night, we go in our room(co-sleeper here) I will nurse him, then lay down in bed with him. He tosses and turns, and then will fall asleep. He has been waking up ever 3 hours, at 12, 3, and 6. He doesn't need to nurse now to get back to sleep, but sometimes it is just easier, so I let him. It is much better than it used to be when he would wake up every 1-2 hours all night long. Last night was the very first night that my DH stayed with him all night long, and I went in the guest room. I woke up, and looked at the clock at 6:30 and almost freaked out. I couldn't believe it. He will sleep, someday!

:sleep: I belong in here :(

The past week or so Katie has been a nightmare, goes to sleep alright but wakens at either 3, 4, 5 or 6 If I'm really lucky :( Only been really lucky once in 10 days :dohh:
She has 4 more teeth to get so maybe its that plus has a mild cold...

Please give me some sleep tonight princess xx

Im joining in here i have posted for ages but charlie still doesnt sleep well we had a good couple of months when he stopped teething now hes started teething again hes up winging alot and hes grisling himself to sleep now hes tired but his teeth are hurting i keep going in but theres nothing to help him hes had calpol :( xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->