Toddler Sleepless nights support thread

my oh was away for 10 days working and since hes come back zane refuses to go to bed at 7.30 and sleep so we r having to keep him up till 9pm then he goes to bed and gets up at 7.30am which i like, its alot better then 6am lol

hes still wakin thru the night around once for a bottle but last night he slept thru YAY hope it sticks

Oh I just noticed this thread!!!

Helena still wakes at least once for a bottle. :cry:

welcome wendino:)

well zane sleeping thru didnt last, he woke up sleep crying 4 times last night :(

I can handle the waking for a drink ...ethan screams and screams for a reason i can not find

well i went out saturday and guess what zane slept all night for him 9pm till 9am.

but last night he was such a nightmare :'(

weve decided to take one side off his cot bed to see if that made things better for him with a side guard, he seems to like it but i dont no if hes sleeping any better with it as he had to come in my bed last night :(

i think ive cracked it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happydance:

when we went away last weekend Ffion slept really well and i couldnt figure out why, then when we came home she was a nightmare again, then on friday we went out for a meal and Wobbles came to babysit..again she slept really well all night and then went back to being a nightmare!

then yesterday it clicked!

every time she was great (great= waking for 1 bottle then going back to sleep) we had given her milk for her night feed instead of water. we did this whilst we were away because i didnt want different tap water upseting her tummy and on friday i did it because it was easier for whilst we were out. she also had supper each night she was ok.. like toast/wheetabix.

so lastnight i gave her supper quite late then sent her to bed with a bottle of milk and put another bottle of milk in her cot. i heard her wake around 1am..she fussed a little.. found her milk and went back to sleep.. she then woke at 7am!!!!

to be honest i was giving her water to try and cut out her night feed thinking she wouldnt wake once she realised she wasnt getting milk. WRONG, turns out that she needed that milk bottle in order to be full enough to sleep longer :dohh:

but fingers crossed it stays this way!... mummy got 9hours sleep lastnight instead of the usual 5!!!

glad she seems to be sleeping better with a night milk.

zane goes to bed with a bottle of milk and his dummy then i take water and milk powder to bed with me to give him in the night because when he "wakes" in the night he doesnt actualy wake up he screams in his sleep, so when a bottle doesnt help its a nightmare.

zanes in his toddler bed now with a side guard just incase and he seems to like it and wont get out till hes told the sweetheart lol but ive just put him down for a nap and he walked and climbed right into bed n lay down i felt like crying hahah hes growing up so fast

nevermind scrap my last post.. lastnight she was awake from 11.45 - 1.45am and then from 5.30 onwards

*sigh* dunno what else to try

Yes I do have it lucky, Helena does usually sleep, just wakes up once and goes back to sleep right after a change and bottle.

Last week she had some bad few nights though. One night she was up from 11 - 7. :shock: So hopefully I won't be in this thread much (and same with you ladies!)

:hi: Only just seen this.

Well, AJ still wakes in the night screaming - for what I dont know?
ATM its particularly bad as he's got cold so cant sleep due to having a serverly blocked nose.

Last night though, he slept through??? But I'd only made 1 change. I propped the end of the cot up with a pillow. I have found he likes to sleep with a pillow, so maybe propping the cot seems like a pillow to him?

Were also trying to get AJ to go down awake but thats also knocked on the head with AJ having a cold atm.

Hope everyone got some rest last night. x

Back in here :(

Seth was sleeping like an angel until we moved house, now he's awake more than he's asleep all night. He has a slightly bigger bedroom, but we made his room a priority to unpack and set up in pretty much the same way and had it done the day we moved in. We even have left his sheets on that he had in the old house incase the smell helped him to settle.

The only thing I can think of thats spoilt his sleeping is the move. We've kept his routine and everything the same but he's just so unsettled :(

Sorry you ladies are having to go through this too :hugs: I thought our sleepless nights were behind us x

I belong here really, but haven't been participating :)

Chase used to go to bed at 8 pm and sleep to 7, with waking 1-2 times for a bottle. He was like this since he was a month or so old.

Now....:dohh:

This was my thread of today:
https://www.babyandbump.com/toddler-pre-school/208582-can-we-roll-back-7-months-ago.html

He's a hellion lately. He goes to bed just after 6 now, wakes up 2 times before I even get to sleep, then 1-2 times more after. Then wakes up when I get up. :dohh:

He naps once in the day. Seriously, he napped for 40 minutes only yesterday as I had to wake him up to run errands.

This morning, he's been up since 4 a.m. Usually he will go back down an hour later after waking if it's 5 a.m. Not today! He's still up and crawling around, and, my gosh, his eyes look worse than mine with bags and redness.

*sigh* i feel your pain :hugs:

fingers xd for a better night for us all

Well I'm hoping for a repeat of last night.
Could do with a good night, I'm ill and need the sleep :(

x-ing my fingers for us all. x

well my two are asleep, ffion went to bed kicking and screaming....

How did everyone get on last night?

After posting in here yesterday he slept right through. Not pinning my hopes on it, but I feel soooo much better for having a full nights sleep.

x

ffion woke at 10.30 - stayed awake until 11.30 then went back down without a peep until 7am :shock:

so all together not a bad night..

Im still in this group aswell :( Charlie woke 4 times last night, i think its his teeth as usual last week he had to sleep in bed with me one night as his teeth was so bad , only 4 more teeth to go though....oh i cant wait x
Oh i for got to mention Charlie actualy slept thorugh one night last week i am still counting these nights where he hasnt woke once im sure its his teething that makes him wake x

We had a fab night...7pm to 7am :shock:

I think AJ likes the new projector/mobile thingy! :thumbup:
He's away to bed for the 2nd night running without screaming.

I think I may have to leave you ladies....even though I've just joined you :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->