Toddler Sleepless nights support thread

i agree newborns are easier well zane was easier then compared to now

:hugs: Its soo hard.

AJ settles fine when going to bed, but wakes during the night and will not settle.
I'm soo exhausted :(

Hi, thought Id join some other sleep deprived mums for a chat O:)

My 17 month old has been a bad sleeper since birth and used to only sleep in my arms or on my chest for the first 8 months - gradually we have gotten him to go to sleep with a dummy and teddy while I stand at his bedroom door - but he still wakes and needs me to tell him to lay back down and go to sleep, every 2 to 3 hours recently. Although occasionally he has gone about 6 hours before!

I dont like to leave him to cry, so he is in a bed with a bed guard so in the early days I could lay next to him to comfort him.

Anyway - I know that he wakes and wants me to reassure him, as before when my oh put him to bed, he hardly woke! But then we went on holiday and moved house and had to go backwards.

My partner is rubbish too as he isnt consistent and will just give up and tell me to go in and just walk away - which sets us back. So I cant even rope him in to sort out the sleep awakenings.

Im really worried about how my son will react if I go into labour at night or have to stay in hospital as he is so stroppy if someone else wants to put him to bed - so Im trying to crack this over the next few months.

I just wanted to say hi, as I may be a regular on here with one toddler that doesnt sleep and no doubt baby 2 will go down the same path!

hey girls, been AWOL from this thread for a little while.. because i think we've cracked it.. Ffion has slept 6 nights in a row only waking at 10pm for a bottle straight through until 7am. thats good enough for me...9 whoooollleee hours of sleep straight.. some colour is starting to return to my cheeks and my massive bags ive become so used to are slowely disappearing.

i just want to thank you all for supporting me.. 3 whole years (since rhys was born) without sleep was really really tough and i couldnt have done it without you.

i hope i NEVER come back to this thread :rofl: good luck everybody xx

thats great tezzy hope it lasts.

well zanes slpet thru 2 nights in a row goes to bed at 7.30pm and gets up at 7am which is great compared to 5-6.30am that it used to be.

hes always woke for a bottle at night so the past two nights ive sent him to bed with abottle as always but then just before i go to bed i add another made up bottle and hes been finding it himself.

hope i havent jinxed myself lol

hey girls, been AWOL from this thread for a little while.. because i think we've cracked it.. Ffion has slept 6 nights in a row only waking at 10pm for a bottle straight through until 7am. thats good enough for me...9 whoooollleee hours of sleep straight.. some colour is starting to return to my cheeks and my massive bags ive become so used to are slowely disappearing.

i just want to thank you all for supporting me.. 3 whole years (since rhys was born) without sleep was really really tough and i couldnt have done it without you.

i hope i NEVER come back to this thread :rofl: good luck everybody xx

ah im so glad the sleeping is good:happydance:x! My LO still gets up a bit but has been alot better lately too but im dreading when his last 4 teeth come through so im sure its not over for me yet lol :wacko: xx

Im back here again Charlie has been up alot 2 nights in a row, last night it got to the 9th time and i ended up having him in our bed then he was awake for an hour then he got up an hour earlier ar 6.45 im nakerd , i think his last 4 teeth are coming xx

im back here again too zane has started to wake in the night again its driving me nuts i really dont no how im goin to cope when i finaly find a job

im back here again too zane has started to wake in the night again its driving me nuts i really dont no how im goin to cope when i finaly find a job

:hugs: I only work part time so its not too bad my partner will get up with him but sometimes i go in to work very tired :sleep: xxx

I am totally at the end of my tether :-(

Christmas has been really awful. Thomas has only ever managed about 4 weeks in total of sleeping through in his whole life. He had managed 2 full weeks about 2 months ago, then he got ill and has been ill on and off since and it has totally gone backwards. He is not eating properly (which is sooo hard in itself) then he wakes for milk in the night.
I have been really ill myself over Christmas and I have reached the point where I cannot do this anymore. I spend so much time in tears, I can't seem to enjoy anything, I feel so exhausted and every day is a battle. I dread him waking from his nap because I am too tired to play, I dread mealtimes 'cos he won't eat...I just don't want to do it anymore.

Its comforting to know this is a problem shared by so many. Pierre was a monster as a newborn but my nan told me to be firm and put him down awake so he would fall asleep on his own. It was hard but she was right and he would sleep through very quickly.

Now he's 20 months and things have changed drastically. I think it started with illness and him cutting out one of his naps. Basically his routine changed and through tiredness I was weak and let him sleep with me. Now he frequently wakes in the night. I'm tending to let him fall asleep on me in the evenings and put him to bed and he will wake up around 11 or 12 and not settle unless we pick him up and sleep on the sofa or in the bed with him. Last night I tried to be strong and leave him in his cot but by 4am my partner gave up and got him.

His grandad said that if they nap during the day they sleep better at night which sounded very backwards to me but this morning in desperation I have been looking it up and everything I read says they need a regular nap during the day and an early bedtime with a routine. Those who go to bed late or miss naps apparently wake more so I'm going to give it a go.

well recently zanes been gettin up in the middle of the night and coming to play in my room! it was driving me nuts so last night i closed his door and i didnt hear a peep out of him.

i wanted to try n wean him off his middle of the night bottle so tried leaving water for him he hates it so im having to give him a bottle of juice instead.

its so frustrating after 16 months i want to actualy be able to get a good night sleep

It's been awhile since I have checked in to this thread, but things are going really with Brennan and sleep. He now sleeps in his own room, is night weaned, and for two nights a row he slept till after 5 am. It's amazing! He was sick last night, so fingers crossed tonight he will be back to sleeping. Even before he was sleeping in 4 hour blocks which is much better than before when he would wake up every 1-2 hours. I really feel we have turned a corner and there is a light at the end of the tunnel. OK, now bring on baby #2. hahahaha

Things are much better for us too (fingers crossed). I weaned him off his night milk over a few days by giving him water in a bottle, then not giving him anything at all. He was a bit of a nightmare this weekend (up on Saturday night from 11.30 until 3.15am!) but I think there was a reason (teething, tummy ache, too hot or some/all).
Last night he did 11 hours without a peep, and generally he has been doing that most nights, or crying out a bit then settling himself back down.
He can be troublesome to put down at night now instead, this never used to be a problem but I would rather have that than him going down well and then waking in the night!

zanes still gettin up at 6 am, i hate mornings lol but at his afternoon nap he does 3 hours but normaly wont go down till 3 and his bedtime is at 7.30 :( but today he went down at 1 and he napped for 2 hours.

ive dropped his juice for 9oz to 5oz and he still has around 2oz left in the morning so hoping he stops that bottle by his 2nd bday which is in 7 months

Hello ladies! My LO is also a bad sleeper, he always has been, he goes through stages of sleeping well then back to waking up.

Just lately he doesn't want to have a nap during the day which means he wants to go to bed early then he has a restless night or wakes up at 4am like he did this morning!

Which is why I'm in bed on my laptop because Im wrecked, had to go off to work at 7am!

anyone still in here? my son didnt sleep through untill he was 3yrs and it looks like Robyn is following in his footsteps, she is 1, and wakes anything up to 3-4 times a night once or twice on a good night.
She is still breastfed - mainly during the night as i am trying to wean her off me.
She is very clingy and will scream if i so much as go to leave the room even if her brother and dad are there!

Ewan would fall asleep anywhere - on the floor, sat up, in you arms, withot without noise, bottle fed from 9 months.
Robyn fallen asleep on the floor once, prefers to be quiet and up in her cot, gets over tired if there is too much going on. Wont take any formula.

Talk about chalk and cheese between the two!

Help! My OH is away right now, and he is just being a nightmare. He got under 6 hrs sleep last night (his norm is around 10) and as a result, I got 4! I've not been trying to put him down for a nap for the last 2 hrs, and NOTHING is working. I've tried hand off method, supernanny method, reading books to calm him, bartering with him with toys he likes to get him to stay in bed.

My neighbours have already complained as he kept them up last night too. He wants me to sleep on the sofa in his room or let him sleep in my bed, neither of which is happening. Please, I need any ideas of how else to get him to sleep.

Hello , can i join ??

Logan is a terrible sleeper we are awake around 3/4 times a night and by some chance he does sleep more than about a 3 hour block when he wakes next time it can take around 2 hours to get him back off ! he stuill has milk in the night although ive been slowly dropping the formula/water ratio.

I am exhusted :cry:

looks like ive gotta join you ladies! Paddy has been a nightmare these past 3 weeks, hes waking around midnight every night and will not settle back in his cot on his own so i have been getting on the sofa with him for a few hours until he drops off then carrying him into his cot where he will usually sleep until morning. Im just about at my wits end. Ive tried everything, letting him cry,going striaght in,music lights etc etc nothing....he will not settle alone. So im constantly getting a broken nights sleep and so is he which means he is usually in a bad mood during the day because he is tired.Ive just about had enough and flipped at my OH last night which was out of order. He used to be such a good sleeper.
Hes 14months now. Just to add he isnt waking for anything,not hungry no teeth bothering hes just doing it it seems out of habit? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->