Toddler Sleepless nights support thread

zane has just started sleeping thru the night :D but still wakes up at 6am i hate morning lol but we r moving at the end of the month so im worried he will go back to not sleeping.

hes also scared of bathrooms apart from ours so im dreading that

Looks like Molly's sleep is SLOWLY improving! She is still waking up a few times a night generally, but I onlhy need to go in and recover her and put in her dummy and she's back off. Much better thean taking hours to get back to sleep! We tried something which may sound a bit strange but it seems to be working! We have stopped putting her in her cot for naps. I put her on the floor in the living room on some cushions. I figured when she wakes after a nap we go get her straight away, when she wakes in the night we make her go back to sleep. Now she seems to get that when she is in her cot she needs to go back to sleep!

Looks like Molly's sleep is SLOWLY improving! She is still waking up a few times a night generally, but I onlhy need to go in and recover her and put in her dummy and she's back off. Much better thean taking hours to get back to sleep! We tried something which may sound a bit strange but it seems to be working! We have stopped putting her in her cot for naps. I put her on the floor in the living room on some cushions. I figured when she wakes after a nap we go get her straight away, when she wakes in the night we make her go back to sleep. Now she seems to get that when she is in her cot she needs to go back to sleep!

awww Molly was born a day after my Alyssa-Rose..who was also 11 weeks early :flower: but I agree with differenciating between the sleep time cot and the nap time space..something we introduced when miss Aly started walking and I know it sounds over the top but we also have different bedding for those specific areas..I know that when she drags her fluffy pink blanky to me its nap time and shes identified it as the nap time..Im a routine person and toddlers enjoy routine as it gives a sense of security..I made the mistake of changing her room around and she kept waking..but even finding the right cot position in her room was a mission..trial and error and a little change at a time works wonders

hi girlies can i join please

my little one Lewis is 16 months old and is up all night fidgeting from around 11pm till 5am then is wide awake at half 5 :( :( he just keeps fidgeting and shimmying himself up to the top of the cot and bumping his head, crying then going back off, viscious circle every night :( :( i know hes not poorly, hot or too cold, hes just such a poor sleeper :(

im hoping it gets better once hes in his own room - im moving house end of april (cannot wait!!!!) as he also hears every little noise and im sure its cos he can sense me in there its making the problem worse

(((( Hugs)))) to everyone suffering sleep deprivation :(

hi girlies can i join please

my little one Lewis is 16 months old and is up all night fidgeting from around 11pm till 5am then is wide awake at half 5 :( :( he just keeps fidgeting and shimmying himself up to the top of the cot and bumping his head, crying then going back off, viscious circle every night :( :( i know hes not poorly, hot or too cold, hes just such a poor sleeper :(

im hoping it gets better once hes in his own room - im moving house end of april (cannot wait!!!!) as he also hears every little noise and im sure its cos he can sense me in there its making the problem worse

(((( Hugs)))) to everyone suffering sleep deprivation :(

My nephew was the same..fidgety all night..bumping his head at the top of his cot with the odd grizzle then back to sleep not to mention the moments he had eczema and would scratch..golly gosh my poor sister had such a hard time and as I was living with her at the time I would take over the mothering duty so she could rest..so I started to observe his general daily routines, trying to find something that may assist in his night waking and you are right..once he moved into his own room he was fine..too much energy being in my sisters room :happydance:

Oh for the love of god when will this enddddddddd?? Im so tired, its like having a new born again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hows everyones nights going? mine have been bad since day 1.
fidgeting all night then wakes cos she cant get comfy, bed at 7pm wakes after that about 4 times or more!

zanes been doing really well the past few weeks until tonight his bedtime is normaly 7.30 and sometimes he gets out of bed but gets put back and goes to sleep well hes still up and doesnt show signs of wanting to sleep at all but i no that he will still wake up at 6am no matter what time he goes to sleep.

my ohs away so i cant put a dvd on in my room n the hopes hed sleep in there cuz i dont no where the cables are :'(

hes been up since 6.30 how can he not be tired *pulls hair out* lol

Ava.. why are you awake? :hissy: why do you only do this when your daddys not at home :( :hissy:

I belong with you lovely ladies. My daughter is 16 months old and has never slept through more then a handfulof nights - we had one week of 7 till 6/7am and that's it.

I don't know what i am doing wrong. She has a good nap of around 2 hours everyday - she ears 3 good meals a day. She gets fresh air mummy time, daddy time - is in a good routine - bath, botlle, jammies in a quiet room and bed by 7pm Sometomws she'll sleep well though still up by 6am latest ---- mostly she wakes twice and i need to resettle her. It only takes a few mins to settle her off but it is still broken sleep which is hard, especially as I work full time too. She goes to bed so well at night - puts hersef to sleep.

How do I get her to sleep through - yawwwwwwwwwwwwn!

My 15 month old still won't sleep through the night, he wakes and will scream until he's lifted or given a drink and will sometime fall back asleep. Ive tried controlled crying, it doesn't work for him. Ive given up hoping he will sleep through the night for now and just accepted it.
Unfortunately dd who is 2 has started to wake up too and she has always slept through. Stopping the afternoon nap hasn't helped as they are overtired and can't get off to sleep. Im lost for ideas on what to do.

My 15 month old still won't sleep through the night, he wakes and will scream until he's lifted or given a drink and will sometime fall back asleep. Ive tried controlled crying, it doesn't work for him. Ive given up hoping he will sleep through the night for now and just accepted it.
Im lost for ideas on what to do.

Myles is just the same, he used to sleep through 12 hours (still getting up at six as he went to bed at six) but now no matter what time he goes to bed (have just pushed it on till 6.45) he is up between 5 and half past and this morning it was 4.30 :wacko: He is also waking around 10pm and sometimes again around 3! I am so fed up, I am having to go to bed at nine most nights just to get some sleep and then I wake often anticipating him waking up :dohh: I make sure he has some supper before bed, he is plenty warm enough, his room is dark I just dunno what I can do but this is killing me :nope:

I feel like I belong here now!!

I think we're going through the night terrors at the moment. Used to really sleep well, then in last two/three weeks its been awful. Screaming in the night for 1.5hrs to 2hrs.

We dummy weaned in August and had been the best thing I ever did, she was getting 11.5hrs unbroken sleep!!! Then we moved end of Sept and hasn't been great since.

Golcarlilly - is he sleeping too much during the day?

HI Nat :wave: sorry you are having sleep troubles :hugs:
Myles sometimes has one nap, sometimes two and some days none and it makes no difference to his waking time, we have pushed his bedtime on from 6 to half six or six 45 this week so hoping it will have a knock on effect soon, this morning was half five which is a slight improvement :rolleyes: almost feel like I have had a lie in :rofl:

:rofl: Yup I feel like that too.. I was up again for hour and half. Need to be firm with her. She's getting disturbed... not night terrors, but nightmares..

Ah, so here is where I belong!

La slept through from 3 weeks to 4.5 months - and never again since!! she wants boob when she wakes and will scream and bang her head and scratch herself until she leaves marks if left. I've made her sound awful, she's amazingly wonderful but I'd love a full night's sleep!

The other night she did 9 hours!!! Then had a feed and went back to sleep for 3 more. Typically I didn't go to bed early that night but it was still amazing. Normally she wakes at random times, and then every 1-3 hours after that. Joy.

argh im scared to write in here in case i become a permenant resident!!!

since DD was born my toddler has started waking every night. he used to be a fab sleeper and always slept through, now i know babies change all the time but his sleep has just got worse and worse since Kitty has been born. we have just been away for the wkend and he slept worse than ever before, waking hourly :( he is defo teething again and has 4 big ones left to come thru so thats prob bothering too but he just screams 'mummy, mummy' untill i go then he will lie down and go back off or want milk.

i have hated letting him cry up till now but really think its the only way forward now. luckily DD sleeps through! im also scared of him waking her but think i will just have to grin and bear it for a week and see what happens, i know 5 mins on the boob will get her back off so think i can handle that.

so will see what the next week brings, im going to have to be cruel to be kind for my own sanity and mine and OH relationship too which is suffering due to the fact im just exhausted.

good luck to all you other mummys too xxx

Hi ladies I am joining you! Well I think ive been in every sleepless night thread since newborn!! Lily has NEVER in her whole life slept through. No tell a lie. She slept 9 hours once. Only one night,,,,,and never again! :(

I need help now though because she doesn't like her cot :(

xx

Hi ladies I am joining you! Well I think ive been in every sleepless night thread since newborn!! Lily has NEVER in her whole life slept through. No tell a lie. She slept 9 hours once. Only one night,,,,,and never again! :(

I need help now though because she doesn't like her cot :(

xx

Hi there have you considered putting her into a bed one of the girls i know on here has just had great success with her LO?

I was up at 4 again this morning, we had seen some improvement for a few days after moving his bedtime to 6.30/6.45 but then he got ill and it is now worse than ever :( I am sooooo tired!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->