Toddler wakes up 10+ times at night -- AGH!

Last night, we held back the first two feeds to 3 hours. She actually took it quite well in terms of crying, especially given she has a cold and 3 teeth coming through :-o she kept waking up every 5 minutes until it reached the time i was ok with feeding her, but still it spaced things out and hopefully she'll start to learn to wake up after longer gaps. She stayed in her bed too, yay.

when i first decided she had to stay in bed once put down, even if she cried (i felt too tired to safely do anything else), she screamed for nearly 2 hours. But i knew there was nothing wrong as she was clean and fed and i was right there, she just didn't like the change. Next night it was 20 minutes then about 5.

i figure we'll work on the first wake ups for now, as i find the late ones too painful atm. I'm hoping that if we find success there, it will encourage me to try and fix the others.

fortune, does that really work for you?? It sounds almost unbearably painful to me :-\ for what it's worth I'm sure she would take well to some changes, especially a set bedtime. I read loads of stuff that says babies Like routine once they're used to them.

She's pretty good about bed time, she just wakes up a million times. I have no clue why, but sometimes I sleep right through it (even though she's in bed with us screaming) and my husband has to wake me up, lol. I'm just way too tired to stay awake long enough to unlatch her when she's done eating!
I really just need to pick a week where we don't have much going on (yeah, right) and try to stick with it. I'm sort of worried about my milk supply suffering if she manages to completely night wean, since I work full-time in the day. I would be happy if she only woke up once or twice to nurse.

Strangely, she has been night-time potty trained for months without us trying. Huh.

Josalyn is the same way, good with bedtime, but wakes up a ton. She always nurses straight back to sleep without a struggle, which I'm thankful for. The last couple of nights I've changed to sleeping on my back full-time (my preferred sleeping position, yay!)

I've been unlatching her every time, if she doesn't unlatch herself first! It's slowly improving for us. She only woke up 3 times last night to nurse :shock: I found that sleeping on my back instead of on my side, it's more difficult for her to get to the boob so she gives up and falls back to sleep easier! :haha:

Last night at bedtime, she nursed until she was sleepy, unlatched, moved away from me, then laid there and put herself to sleep! :happydance:

Woah, nice, Aimee! I prefer sleeping on my back, too, so I'm going to try that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->