Toenails!

sweetsammi

1st time mummy and WTT
Reaction score
Does anyone else find it almost impossiblle to cut LO's toe nails? Oliver won't keep his feet still, he hates it! He kicks his legs and moans and makes it such a task. Any tips? x

I'm having the same problem. I bite Kaya's fingernails when she's asleep, but I can't really get the toenails.

I haven't had to cut any of coltons toenails besides 1 big toe that was soo long at birth the it had started to curl around his toe!! lol. He doesn't like when you touch his feet though so I am dreading it!

only advice is probably to try while they're asleep, we have the same nightmare here, my lo is like the duracell bunny when the scissors come out :roll:

I used try to get his finger and toe nails when he was sleeping because he fidgeted so much and I was always petrified that even with the rather blunt baby scissors i'd snag him. He still hates it and tries to pull away now, but he's definatley getting more used to it as he gets older :)

I also sometimes I get OH to hold him and grab his feet so he can't pull away...but he screams when thats done...

xx

callums not too bad with his, have to grip his feet quite hard (doesnt hurt him tho!) but they grow soooo quickly.

Juleikas finger nails are growing very quickly, but somehow her toe nails aren't growing at all, LOL

so I am not really helpful, sorry

It's almost impossible, I don't do it a lot because I get a huge tantrum every time. I usually get my mum to do them, shes great at it. Doing them when Bethanie is asleep doesn't work either as she is such a light sleeper.

Not much help I know, sorry!

I do Caitlins nails after a bottle when shes full and less hyped and of course so I don't disturb her naps - as they are very few for her now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->