Told a few, getting ready to tell more

CrazyMT

Reaction score
I will be 7 weeks tomorrow. I told my MIL June 14. Her reaction was fun. I rarely see her speechless, but her jaw just dropped. Her youngest grandchild is 9 and she thought her baby days were over. I waited until this Sunday evening to tell my kids (14 and 9). We sent them on a treasure hunt and they had to fit the hints together like a puzzle to find out what their last hint was. Their last hint was studying a picture of them together with a verse and coming February 2016 edited in later on chalk boards. My daughter (14) got it right away. She was soooo happy and started crying. My son took a little longer to figure it out. He is excited but does not show it as much, just his personality.

I plan to post on FB tomorrow with an album of that picture and a couple others to let the rest of my family and friends know. Just gonna post the pictures and let them figure it out...cannot wait for the comments. :happydance:

How cute! My sister and I are 9 1/2 years apart. I loved it. Congrats on getting to share your wonderful news!!!

Big age gaps can be fun and challenging. My brother and I are 10 years apart and I feel more like an aunt than a sister to him. My oldest will be 15 years older than this one. I plan to have all 3 bond as much as possible, something I feel like I did not have growing up.

I posted the pics and got a lot of congrats and OMWs. Most everyone was surprised. We never told anyone that we were NTNP so people were shocked. The only comments missing are from my siblings and parents. My sister has seen it and is messaging back and forth with my daughter. My mom saw the post and shared it, but no comment. The only thing she seemed to have to say was to my daughter that she wished I had called her first. Well, this is how I wanted to announce!

That's so fun! We've told immediate family and some close friends, but are waiting to share it with everyone else (will be 6 weeks tomorrow). I'm so excited to be able to shout it to the world in a few more weeks! Congratulations!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->