Tommee CTN soothers - I phoned them

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
I'm actually really annoyed!

After my dummy thread I rang them and asked why they were swiped so quickly off the shelf that I had not realised they were not available any more until I needed new ones and my daughter being 8-9 months old when she needed new ones now 16 months refuses to take to any another.

Answer ...they got a new range. WTF!! There was no point arguing that but I was silently pissed off by that! I pointed out that I and many had NO idea they were going off the shelf her reply was they wanted to make another years worth while introducing the new range but they couldn't get any more made so what was on the shelves was IT then suggested eBay :shock: I was like have you seen what people are charging on eBay because of this!

TBH I'm pretty discusted - kids like their comforts and one is a dummy they notice these things and personally feel this was a poor action from Tommee Tippee.

Mums are paying £20 for 2 soothers thanks to them ...Its discusting!

*Rant over*

This happened with Jack. He used to have tommy tippee orthodontic (sp?) dummy's and they disappeared when he was about a year. I used to have to search everywhere for them, and stock pile if i ever found some. Its so annoying.

oh dear that sucks hun ! hopefully you can find a cheaper one thats similar ?

that sucks, i love tommy tippee products too they are usually really good and decently priced

Well I had 6 new ones luckily I got them for cheaper than they are now - I think £5 for 2 :dohh: on ebay a while back but we've lost a couple and could do with a couple more since then have tried swapping dummys and its a no go! So what do I do pay £20!

I'm seriously considering emailing them and suggesting they put them back on the shelves tbh based on the fact theres many Mums being robbed over this because thats their babies comfort.

Yup.... we're in the same boat with Morgan.

I can't believe they've done it!

Ay..... maybe it's one for Watchdog!!! :rofl:

Harry only takes these dummies too and i only have one, if i lose it im screwed, i saw somone on ebay a few weeks ago selling ONE for £25..... talk about take advantage

i emailed them when we had this problem, i have the reply posted somewhere on here but have no idea how to find it, but they said it was a problem with manufacturing not a fault with product.
i bought 8 for £35 which is ridiculous but i didnt know what else to do

Lou
xxx

Wow, I was trying to look for some cheaper ones and found ones for 5.95 but they're 0-3 months, then seen others for 24.99! That's ridiculous!

Here you go lolly
https://www.babyandbump.com/baby-toddler-club/86304-tommee-tippee-dummies-3.html
x

I can't believe they are ripping people off!!!
£25 for a dummy, hope you have some luck finding some cheaper x

Wobbles, would you like me to have a look in my local boots and tesco tomorrow and see if they have any of the 'old' kind that Caitlin will take?

I can send them to you if I find them? xx

Hmmm I bought 2 packs of the 0-3 month CTN ones for Kermit for when he turns up but I think now I won't bother getting him used to them if I won't be able to replace them.
What are the next best non latex dummies to use?

The phase "if it's not broken don't fix it" obviously isn't one Tommy Tippee have heard of :dohh:

Lottie depends which ones exactly you have. Round or ones with little handles are fine its the freehand oval ones that came off the shelves.

Donna thats really nice of you but they took them off monthssssssss ago I think Caitlin was 7-8 months before I knew when I needed new ones everywhere went out at the start ebay was a quid or two more which is when I topped up now they are that rare and making them came to a quick stop that people are charging those amounts because there were babies who started on these.

Far too many Mums effected isn't there by their decision.

Ive started Dylan on the closer to nature natural flex orthodontic ones, they dont have a handle and are an oval shape, is it these ones that have stopped being produced? Came in a pack of two aged 0-6m, one green, one blue. I really hope not, I tried him with the newer style CTN dummy and he wasn't impressed.

:shock: That's awful! Knowing how attached kids get to certain types why does their new range mean that the old ones have to be discontinued?!! Can't believe the price on ebay! I'm guessing there's no point in looking in the shops around here for you either then? Have they all gone everywhere? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->