• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tommee Tippee perfect prep...

I'm not sure, it may well be a bit hit and miss where as this does it to the perfect temp every time x

Right ok, will read up a bit more I think. Sorry for hijacking :flower:

Picked mine up yesterday. Can't wait to try it but still got ages yet!

My baby gives little warning. He wakes, I put the kettle on, he's crying by the time it's finished boiling and I have to wait for it to cool! There's only so much I can do (change his nappy to try n distract him.. Attempt to soothe him but he won't calm until he has a bottle in his mouth!)

I may ask my other half for it for Xmas.. He can't spend time feeding the baby as he's always working.. And he did in the beginning make the bottle for me so all I had to do was sit and feed him. But he's stopped doing that now. So maybe he'll feel bad and buy it for me :p

Definitely worth a go. It's black friday on amazon and asda this Friday so might be worth having a look on there :)

I'm glad someone has asked about this. We're a bit torn over it's usefulness and whether to bother buying one for this baby. I pre-made bottles for DD and was going to do the same for this one, it was part of the nightly routine for us. Can I ask, if the hot shot is to sterilise the formula, can you just do the same with boiling water from a kettle and top up with water from our Britax filter jug? I feel like I'm missing something obvious with the Perfect Prep.

you can do the same with hot and cool water. i used one flask with boiling hot water in then i used a small tt bottle and filled with cooled boiled. then through the night id use the hot water, add formula shake it up top up with cool water, and i still do this now (without the flask) when i don't pre make them, i used a thermos flask it keeps the water hot for a good 8 hours. cheaper and works the same only difference is, a machine doesn't do it for you. for someone who doesn't want to splash out on something like the perf prep, id highly recommend using the flask and cool water. ill probably do the same if i have another

I'm glad someone has asked about this. We're a bit torn over it's usefulness and whether to bother buying one for this baby. I pre-made bottles for DD and was going to do the same for this one, it was part of the nightly routine for us. Can I ask, if the hot shot is to sterilise the formula, can you just do the same with boiling water from a kettle and top up with water from our Britax filter jug? I feel like I'm missing something obvious with the Perfect Prep.

you can do the same with hot and cool water. i used one flask with boiling hot water in then i used a small tt bottle and filled with cooled boiled. then through the night id use the hot water, add formula shake it up top up with cool water, and i still do this now (without the flask) when i don't pre make them, i used a thermos flask it keeps the water hot for a good 8 hours. cheaper and works the same only difference is, a machine doesn't do it for you. for someone who doesn't want to splash out on something like the perf prep, id highly recommend using the flask and cool water. ill probably do the same if i have another

Yes I did the same as this when we were out or when we were away.

Thanks girls, hubby thought of the thermos thing too funny enough.

It's definitely our best purchase, especially with having twins.

We have this! Hadn't heard about it until I read this thread - so thanks for bringing it to my attention! :thumbup: It's great, so much quicker and less expensive than using the cartons in the night. It makes a perfect milk! When we were using the boiled water and making it ourselves, the powder never dissolved properly - there was always powdery dots left in the milk. But the perfect prep seems to make a lovely smooth blend! xx

Just saw this!! Question though - this is my first pregnancy-- why is 4 oz a negative?is it not enough? Too much?

Just saw this!! Question though - this is my first pregnancy-- why is 4 oz a negative?is it not enough? Too much?

At first your baby is likely to only have 2oz at a time so 4oz is a waste.

I only used ready mixed formula the first 2-3 months before I got the perfect prep. Was pretty expensive though!

The perfect prep is expensive? Hmm so what do you do with the other 2 oz? I guess you have to throw it out?

Sorry I meant the ready mixed formula was expensive.

The perfect prep is about £50-80 depending if you can get it deal on it.

Yes you'd have to throw out the extra 2oz or whatever is left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->