toned tummy and pregnant?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by congo, Dec 14, 2009.

1. congo

congo Pregnant - 2nd Trimester

hi girls

i have worked hard to get a toned belly for over a year and over the last weeks its gone to jelly. my friend has noticed and says there shud be no reason for that and i shud have kept it toned.

is this possible? a bump and a toned belly?

2. td1309

td1309 Well-Known Member

I normally have quite a naturally toned belly and it's slowly going. I have to say it's the least of my worries to keep it toned whilst growing a baby!

It's ok to be healthy during pregnancy but crunches and sit-ups I wouldn't have thought is a great idea?! Well I wouldn't feel right doing it.

I do run and as a by-product of running your tummy tends to stay in shape but I won't be doing any tummy specific exercises. xxx

3. congo

congo Pregnant - 2nd Trimester

lol thats wat i thought! grrr she made me feel stupid.

4. ryder

ryder Mum to Jasmine & Peyton

No, your tummy wont be toned. Once your uterus starts growing your stomach muscles seperate and you cant do situps and crunches. Also being regnant makes all your muscles and ligaments relax so you can injure yourself more easily.

5. Cinnamon

Cinnamon Well-Known Member

I have a pregnancy book that says about your stomach musscles separating and that it's not a good idea to do specific excersizes because it will only be harder to give birth and also to regain your figure after giving birth. They need to separate for the uterus to expand. Don't worry hun.xxx

6. venusrockstar

venusrockstar ~Aspiring Photographer~

My trainer at the gym has told me to stay away from any kind of stomach crunching exercises.

7. farm girl

farm girl Well-Known Member

I normally have a 4 pack, and mine has gone jelly, I still do my normal exercises they don't include any stomach movement due to my bad back.

8. Las78

Las78 Mum to 3 beautiful girls

Don't worry hun, it will come back and you'll be grateful you spent the year before toning. I too had strong toned stomach muscles and within a couple of hours of having my 2nd daughter my everything had contracted back to where it should be which surprised the midwife, she said strong stomach muscles do this