Too early to buy baby stuff?

I started buying some gender neutral stuff pretty early, somewhere around 9 weeks. But once we found out that it's a girl, I was suddenly crazy about buying everything pink and girly, and found myself disappointed that I had already bought some stuff gender neutral. I re-bought a lot of it in girly colors and regret that I spent money twice on some things.

If you want to start buying then go for it. If I see something that's a particularly unmissable bargain then I plan to buy rather than miss out. I understand people waiting until 12 weeks, but believe that a) Nothing is going 'tempt fate' as such, if a miscarriage happens it was going to happen anyway regardless of whether you started buying baby things. and b) We planned this baby and if it isn't a sticky bean then we will try again so would get to use the items eventually. It is a personal choice though! x

For me, this is probably a one shot deal. If this pregnancy doesn't stick, I think I'm done. We've been trying for fifteen years, I don't think I can handle any more heartbreak. So having baby things around would just upset me. I hit eight weeks yesterday though so I'm feeling more confident! With every week that passes, I feel better about it.

I would probably be more excited if I hadn't experienced a mmc in the past. You see, I had a pregnancy that I lost at 12 weeks after several perfect scans! Not one drop of blood,nothing. It was pretty shocking to go in for your 12 week scan and the sonographer tell you there's no Hb. I also have 2 kids that were easy and straightforward pregnancies but since that time, it really marked me. I thought it was something that happenned rarely and never thought it would happen to me... So bc of that I'm very reluctant to buy anything until my 12 week scan. It's sad but when you experience something shitty like that it robs you of your naive innocence in a way and just changes the way you see things. Although the chances are slim of anything happening, I just prefer to wait until I'm out of the first trimester crap shoot.

I found a great deal on diapers today. So I went ahead and bought those, thinking I can donate to a crisis nursery if anything goes unexpectedly with my pregnancy. Doing that would make me feel better, anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->