Too hippy to vote?!

SarahP13

Mummy to a princess :-)
Reaction score
So I have just had the most amusing chat with a 'friend' on Facebook.

A good friend posted about having just been to vote and I commented that I had been too. Another mutual, but not close, friend said 'You voted? I thought you were too hippy to vote?!'

I said 'hippy?! In what way am I hippy?'

And she said 'well you breastfed for ages and I've seen you carrying LO in that funny carrier'

I breastfed for 16 months and the 'funny carrier' is a rose and rebellion one that I've only had for 6 months and probably use 10% of the time! I am probably the most boringly regular person there is, nothing else remotely hippyish about me! But apparently carrying LO and breast feeding makes me a hippy :wacko:

And since when can 'hippies' not vote anyway?!?! :haha:

Haha how ridiculous!!!

I quite like it when people call me a hippy.

I always get called a hippy and I dont bf or wear a carrier. I like my 'hippyness' if it has to be labled lol and yes I voted :)

Lol my male colleague called me a hippy when I said I would be BF and planning a home birth, I just said no I'm too cheap to pay for milk and too lazy to get off my sofa :haha:

Hippies dont vote? That's new to me, as is BF/wraps equaling hippy :wacko:

Haha.. Any chance she doesn't have kids? (For the BF and carrier comment)

Since when can't hippies vote?! :p x

I have no problem being called a hippy but seriously, if you knew me you'd fall about laughing! I'm just not even close to it... well I backpacked round Oz- that's about all!! :haha:

Just the daftest comment I've heard in ages. Both calling me a hippy and inferring that hippies don't vote!!

And yes she does have kids! Two of them, gonna hazard a guess she didn't breastfeed or use a carrier!

Haha me and DH get called hippies all the time. Especially when he had long dreads. I mean..sure we love Grateful Dead, going to festivals, i love wearing long skirt and make hemp jewelry..but whatever lol

I dunno why some people feel the need for labels.

Lol! It's so funny how people stereotype. I got called hippy like as a joke (I think) for breastfeeding, using cloth nappies and babywearing. It's silly for how people have to have a label for everything!

I have been called a hippy for breastfeeding/cloth nappies & using a woven wrap.....I still voted. I wasn't aware that hippies are not allowed to vote??! Oops.

I'll try & remember that for next year for the elections.

I have been called a hippy for breastfeeding/cloth nappies & using a woven wrap.....I still voted. I wasn't aware that hippies are not allowed to vote??! Oops.

I'll try & remember that for next year for the elections.

I think it's ok *only* if you vote the Green Party.

Since when did breastfeeding, and babywearing become hippy only activities? LOL. I guess that made me a hippy too:haha: Seriously though, its unbelievable how people stereotype perfectly normal parenting techniques into being "hippy" activities:dohh:

I miss being called a hippy :lol:

I used a carrier exclusively when Lucas was small and I did once have someone call me a fake when they visited my house and saw a pushchair outside (that I kept for when he was with his Dad/my mum) :dohh:

I didn't know hippies couldn't vote though - that's a new one :haha: you bad hippy you.

I miss being called a hippy :lol:

I used a carrier exclusively when Lucas was small and I did once have someone call me a fake when they visited my house and saw a pushchair outside (that I kept for when he was with his Dad/my mum) :dohh:

I didn't know hippies couldn't vote though - that's a new one :haha: you bad hippy you.

:rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->