Too late for 1st doc app?

Snookie82

Reaction score
I'll be 5 weeks on Wednesday and my first doctors appointment is 5th September .... Will be almost 9 weeks by then! Is that too late? Should I just get another appointment with a different doc? Don't want to leave it too late with getting booked in with midwife etc

My office scheduled me for 10 weeks. I think 8-10 weeks is the norm for your first prenatal visit. I was very disappointed, obviously I wanted to be seen the day I found out but I have to wait!

I saw my gp the day I found out but that was because I already had an appointment for something else.
I am 5 weeks today and have my booking in on sept 2

I agree, 8-10 weeks is normal for your first appointment. I will be 8+3 at mine.

My first appt was 12+6 and it was perfect as they did the nt scan the same day

I'll be 5 weeks on Wednesday and my first doctors appointment is 5th September .... Will be almost 9 weeks by then! Is that too late? Should I just get another appointment with a different doc? Don't want to leave it too late with getting booked in with midwife etc

Are you in the UK? If so, you'd normally see midwife at 9 weeks. If you're seeing dr to get referred on to midwife, it might be a bit late. Maybe you could self refer to midwife or have a telephone appointment with dr sooner?

Thanks everyone for your replies :)
Pansy - yes, I'm in the uk and this would be my first appointment to tell doc I'm pregnant and get referred to midwife. I can't remember now when I had my first doctors appointment when I had my first child🙈
I could probably get an earlier appointment with a different doctor, I was just trying to get an appointment with my usual doc for continuity etc. Just so happens her only available appointment is next month! 😁

I always just phone and ask for a pre-booking appointment with the midwife, I don't make a doctors appointment first.

I'm in the US and this time they had me come in for a pee test and then sent me off until 12 weeks. I'm so used to having early scans but I always had something that required it! Normal pregnancy means I have to wait!

With my first I had my first appointment at 10+3.. this time my first appointment was today with a nurse but it was just questions and pee in a cup and I got sebt off and my first appointment with the dr is in 5 weeks.

I had a doctor appointment around 9 weeks just so he could refer me to the Maternity clinic. My family doctor doesn't do prenatal care. When I finally got a call from the Maternity clinic the first available appointment they had was for this Thursday ( I booked it over a month ago). So my first real prenatal appointment is at 16 weeks! So glad I have a doppler or I would be going crazy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->