Too much milk?

kmichelle

Reaction score
Is it possible to drink too much milk? I drank two gallons in the last week! One gallon of skim and one gallon of 2%. It is mostly because it really helps to ease my heartburn. The dr didn't want me to take any more tums and Zantac doesn't do enough. I drink milk for breakfast, when I get home from work, before bed, and in the middle of the night!

I was just wondering if this could possibly be bad for the baby...

I think it's fine, that works out to about 4.5 cups per day - you need 4-5 servings of dairy when preggers. It is really healthy with lots of protein and minerals, so if it is helping you then enjoy :)

Is it possible to have too much dairy? That's never occurred to me lol

I think you're fine. I wish milk helped my heartburn! It makes it worse for me. I'm doing the suffer with it treatment :haha:

Milk is fantastic. I go through that much regularly as I have dairy goats the keep us in regular supply. My only concern is if there's a lot of junk added to your milk in the form of antibiotics, hormones, etc

Milk is fantastic. I go through that much regularly as I have dairy goats the keep us in regular supply. My only concern is if there's a lot of junk added to your milk in the form of antibiotics, hormones, etc

I was also worried about the extra additives that can be put into the milk. My carton says that it comes from cows not treated with rbST, but I think I am going to start buying organic anyway!

Thanks for the replies!

It can create some excess mucus, but other wise very good. :)

Unless you have a medical issue that sensitizes you to vitamin D or calcium build up (like sacroidosis), you are probably fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->