Took ibuprofen before ovulation. Help?

Laroawan

Reaction score
So I came home from work with a migraine headache and took 400mg of ibuprofen without really thinking about as I was in a lot of pain.

Now that the headache is diminished I had the thought to check out ibuprofen and TTC. Well seems the internet and a couple studies say to avoid ibuprofen during TTC as it could delay or prevent ovulation. This is our first cyclr ttc and Im CD 12 today and worried I've messed up l already.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

I'm a pharmacist and I don't think there is too much to worry about. 400mg is a lower dose and it will be metabolized and out of your system pretty fast. I haven't heard that ibuprofen affects ovulation, but I have heard that ibuprofen can potentially affect implantation.

I often took ibuprofen during periods on heavy days, and it never affected ovulation. Don't worry about it unless you actually see evidence of this on yourself.

I take aspirin or ibuprofen for pain most of the time and I have never had a issue with it delaying my ovulation, in the 2ww though I only take Tylenol.

I'm 4 dpo now and I took lots of ibuprofen during the first half of my cycle because I hurt my neck really bad, physically couldn't move.... Still can't fully, weeks on! Just figures, first month ttc... :( I obviously don't know if I'm pregnant yet, but I CAN tell you that I STILL ovulated right on time. My concern is that maybe it could prevent the dominant follicle from fully maturing enough to be 'viable.' I'm really not sure.

In your case, I would not worry at all... You took such a small amount. I DO understand tho! Good luck to you! <3

You should be okay! Totally understand the worry though. :hugs:

Just in case anyone comes across this in the future. I did O on time on cd 15.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->