Took Liam Swimming. And my nutty dream.

amandad192

mum to 2
Reaction score
Thought I'd make one long post rather than two separate ones.

I took Liam swimming for the first time yesterday. Unfortunately SIL's choice of pool wasn't great and I didn't know what the pools in my area are like so trusted her judgment. The changing rooms were cold, the pool was cold and there was no separate baby pool. Liam wasn't too happy when we first got in but once he got used to the water temperature (considering he has his baths hotter than what is recommended or he screams - only a slight bit hotter though) he really seemed to enjoy himself. I was very brave and DUNKED HIM right under. I thought he would start screaming after but didn't, he waved his arms a bit in shock but was quite happy..So I did it again. Will be taking him swimming again this weekend in a pool near my mum's that I know is warm and has better changing facilities.

Last nights dream:
Ugh I woke up at 5:15 feeling crap. I dreamt I was at a party with my OH, My sister, Kriskitten and some other girl. Don't ask about Kriskitten being there, I was thinking alot about the london meet yesterday so I'm assuming that had something to do with it. Anyway me, Kris my sister and other girl left the party and went to farmfoods. Then we stopped at the park on the way home. It was a weird park that I've never been to in my life. Somehow I managed to leave Liam in his buggy with all the shopping by the bench when we went into the kiddies playground, on the other side of some river. To cross the river there was a balancing beam type thing that I was struggling with and there was a comment made about me being foreign (which I'm not?)
Sitting in the park My sister and Kris were on the swings and me and other girl were on the climbing frame, when I noticed Liam was missing. I was screaming hysterically then my sister starting crying saying "no one heard." I scream "no one heard what!?!" and she goes "No one heard Kayla being hurt." (Kayla is my sisters daughter.) On the way back to the bench I called the police and they told me about a call they had not long ago from a woman who saw a 3 Asian men talking about stealing a baby or raping someone to get them pregnant. I found Liam..In the arms of one of the men. I tackled him to the floor and took my baby back whilst shouting "He's mine, He's my baby." Liam had a small bump on his head where we tumbled to the floor but was fine. I went home and my OH walked through the door......then I woke up.
I got out of bed and went for a fag and drink, checked on my little man, who was fast asleep, and went back to bed. If I wasn't so tired I would have sat next to Liam and watched him sleeping to make sure he was safe. I got back into bed and cried. It all seemed so real in my dream, how could I ever forget my baby? :cry:

Oh hun, ive had some awful dreams about leaving connor somewere and ive woke up crying, i think its because im so worried im going to forget him. My dad once forgot my sister, he took her to my nans and he put her upstairs because she was tired and she was only around 3 at the time, about 30 mins later he left and got halfway home and remember she was in bed at my nans :lol:

I cant wait to take Archie swimming! the only reason i havent yet is im still way too self conscious, but im getting there! Glad he enjoyed it though, even the dunking! brave little thing! :)

Lol. The story about your dad and sister made me laugh a little. at least she was somewhere safe though.

Awww glad Liam liked swimming, I still haven't taken Theo...Grace loves swimming though, its like one big bath to her I think...she never wants to get out when we go lol!!

Sorry to hear about the dream, must of been scary :( I hate bad dreams, I can never sleep properly for a few days after them!!

x

I cant wait to take Archie swimming! the only reason i havent yet is im still way too self conscious, but im getting there! Glad he enjoyed it though, even the dunking! brave little thing! :)

Oh take him, it's soo much fun. I'm VERY self-conscious but went anyway. My swimming costume doesn't fit anymore, as I discovered because my boobs kept trying to say hello to everyone and all the stretchies on my legs were on show, but for some reason I didn't care.
My mum has always been to self-conscious to go swimming with us, and sometimes it used to upset me that she cared what other poeple thought about how she looked more than enjoying a swim with us. But now I understand.

ooh, i took paige a few times now, she LOVES it. (and i do too lol) im hoping to start the water-babies swimming lessons im so excited. :) i dunked her too last time and she just gave me a look like what the hell was that!! then forgot about it, cutie.

BUt omg what an aweful dream. :( i havnt had anyting like that thank god but when ses in the car being unusually quiet(she hates the car) i have a panick moment thinking omg ive left the baby :haha: and have to turn round to ceck shes there :dohh:

Aww glad LO liked the swimming...I take Lucas but darents dunk him in under. His face did end up in it accidently one time though and he found it hillarious, I nearly had a heart attack :dohh:

When LO was first born I used to always dream about leaving him places, I was so paranoid. My dad left my older brother outside the shop once, got home and my mam went mad, luckily the shop was only about 5mins walk away so my dad managed to sprint back and my brother was fine. this was 25 years ago when apparently it was the norm to jus leave your pram with the baby in outside :wacko: I don't think I'd leave my pram outside even if it was empty now :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->