• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Top table alternatives?

I'm having a ten person top table.. Mums oh, mum, nan, pop, me oh, mil, oh gran, best man, MOH.

A bit mix n match but my pop is walking me down the aisle so I want my nan next to him. My mum has to be up there and in te past year Martyn has been like a dad so want them all xxx

We will be having 10/11 at our top table

Me
OH
Bobby
New baby
My Mum
My Dad
OHs Mum
OHs Dad
Best Man
MOH
And maybe her little boy depending if he wants to sit with his Mum or Nan and Grandad

I think it depends on the size of your wedding though to how a big top table looks, I don't think you'd want most of your wedding guests sat at the top table if your having a smaller wedding but our other tables are 11 tables or 9/10 so a big top table kind of fits in!

There will be about 130/140 there so a traditional big one would not look odd but we dont have traditional familys lol.

We dont want to split our parents up from their partners so if we kept every one together there would be 13/14 people up there.

I wouldn't mind a big top table at all if we were having 100+ guests. I would love to have them all sat up there with us. But I just think it'll look odd if we have more people at the top table than any other table in the room. And we're only having 5/6 round tables so we'd either have to space them out massively or have the top table extending past them :lol: I don't know. I'm dreading actually coming to do the seating plan. Haha! We'll probably end up with the second option just to keep everyone quiet!!

DonnaBallona, that's good that all your parents get on. If we put all our parents on one table it would be awkward as anything. Haha

Aly, my mum and my stepmum do NOT get on at all, they just politely ignore each other. LOL! they had a massive argument at my 21st bday party and haven't spoken since :dohh:

I'm just going to be choosy how I sit that table...
not that ill care what they're upto on their table on the day. they can sit outside if they want to ;)

I didn't have a traditional top table, as both are parents are separated and hubbies don't get along. On mine I had just us, bridesmaids and best man x

I didn't have a traditional top table, as both are parents are separated and hubbies don't get along. On mine I had just us, bridesmaids and best man x

How did the parents feel about this? Were they understanding or did they get offended?

Only my biological Dad was annoyed, but he got over it! Everyone else was relieved, they sat with who they wanted to and were relaxed x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->