Top Things NOT to say to a Pregnant Woman/Tiny Weight Rant!

"i don't like that name i knew a kid that was horrid named that"

I have to admit I do this :blush: Every child I know with a certain name (I won't say it as it may upset people) is such a bad boy and I really can't help but associate the name with a bad kid :blush:

A few of my hates are when I'm at work.

'Customer: Is that a baby in there or are you just putting on weight?
Me: :shock:'

'Customer: Your only X weeks?! :shock:
Me: :blush: Um yeah.
Customer: Are you sure it's not twins you look X weeks (uaually 5 weeks more!)'

i have to say, i told everyone my choosen names for boy and girl and they all like the boys name: Connor Martyn Hughes but when i say the girls name:Alice Mae (pronounced May) Hughes they say ohhhh dont call her that, think of alice off the Vicar of Dibley or that Roy chubby brown song "Alice who the Fu*k is Alice" im like THANKS A BUNCH YOU LOAD OF TOSSERS!!! i love the name and im not budging! my mum is allison so i like alice and my middle name is mae so THERE!!! lol

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I reckon all you ladies are Saints. I think I would have battered someone that said such things to me. How rude are some people??

You all deserve a medal.

MIL told me that she thinks one baby is hiding behind another and they've missed it at the scans because I'm massive!! She can fooking talk, at least I'm pregnant!!!!!!!!!!!

And actually, I weigh less at the minute than I did on the day I got my :bfp: as I lost loads at the beginning!!!!

:rofl: at this thread. Well my manager likes to say 'OMG YOU'RE HUGE.' and 'You're getting so fat!' most days but even more annoyingly, other women at work seem to always say my bump is too small! 'You're so small for 22 weeks, are you sure you're that far along?' Argh! I prefer the fat comments tbf! x

Argh I get the name thing as well! I hate it! We want to call our LO Tiffany and everytime someone asks my mom in the family what we're calling her she says:

'Tiffany.. but I don't like it. No I'm not sure about it at all..' etc

Like it's her decision to make! That probably annoys me the most out of all the comments I get and I tell her not to do it constantly and she still does! :grr: Wish I had the idea of not telling anyone x

Bumped into a woman i know the other day who said

"how long have you got left"
"four months" i said
"Oh your not very big!!!" :hissy: :hissy: :hissy: :hissy:

I think I have a nice round bump!!! :( silly moo!!!

People know better than to risk telling me not to have that second piece of cake... on the contrary, Kevin orders me to eat! It was an hour before lunchtime last weekend, and he told me if my stomach was growling, eat something. I said, 'it's only an hour before lunch... I can wait that long', and he goes, 'no, you can eat now.' Yes, SIR!

I wasn't a small woman before I got pregnant, but it was proportionate. I've had people assume I am much further along because I rounded out REALLY fast with this baby, compared to when I was pregnant with Jonah. Tuesday the midwife said, 'that's a good sized bump there, isn't it?' Much better than, 'wow, you've really let yourself go! pregnancy is no excuse, you'll never lose all that weight now.' Of course not... I'll lose it after the baby is born. Now gimmie cake!!!

Mine are
Are you sure ure not furthur on than they say!!
Defo not twins?

Now its gets very annoying and after 3 scans i think they know!!!

My boss said this to me this week...

"how are you going to even move when you are 9 months??"

then further in the converstation...

"my sister was your size at 9 months and she had an 11 pound baby"

Is he overweight by any chance? If so you could make some comment back! Or send him some eduactional literature about how the size of the bump has very little to do with the birth weight of the baby!

ooh my favourite (or least favourite lol) is..

whenever me and the daddy of my bump have an argument its always ''youre only getting wound up cos ur pregnant!''

erm...no! im getting wound up cos ur a dickhead lol

its like im not entitled to an opinion anymore, everything is me being hormonal and irrational...grr!

ooh my favourite (or least favourite lol) is..

whenever me and the daddy of my bump have an argument its always ''youre only getting wound up cos ur pregnant!''

erm...no! im getting wound up cos ur a dickhead lol

its like im not entitled to an opinion anymore, everything is me being hormonal and irrational...grr!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

My MIL (who obviously, has had a baby) said, "you're only 14 weeks. It may be baby on the bottom, but the top of your belly's all fat"

Yeah, because when my uterus gets ENORMOUS - all of my organs just evaporate until further notice. FYI - Mom - I've been LOSING WEIGHT!

Things I hate hearing --

"Your body will never be the same again, you know."

"Wow, you're due next month?! You're so tiny!"

and I heard this awhile back... "28 weeks? Geez, you're so small, I thought you'd just found out."

It gets soooo tiring to hear how 'small' you are! I think anyone who criticises bump size (as 'too big' or 'too small') deserves to be beaten!

:dohh:

Is he overweight by any chance? If so you could make some comment back! Or send him some eduactional literature about how the size of the bump has very little to do with the birth weight of the baby!

hmm... my boss is a she... and a mom! She just has insensitive moments. :dohh:

yesterday and a few times prior I have gotten...

"best not sit beside the prgnant woman and her food....it's dangerous!"

:hissy:

F*** OFF!!!!!!!!

I am not a freaking Godzilla!!!!
Some people have no tact!

"maybe it's your hormones"

erm....maybe it's just you being annoying....f*$k off:finger:

i love this thread lol

mil "don't breast feed i want to have a go at feeding him too"

When I was pregnant with my eldest my MIL said

"nooooooooooo, just don't get the breastfeeding thing....there's just something about it that's sort of perverse":saywhat::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun:

What a friggin stupid thing to admit to:dohh:

She denies it now and says the only reason she didn't breastfeed was coz it would have been too dangerous with her epilepsy drugs, now forgive me if I'm wrong but she took them all the way through pregnancy (I know this for a fact)....do you think the tiny bit in breastmilk was gonna make any difference as the baby had been in contact with the stuff for 9months previous anyway:hissy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->