Totaly OT but has anyone had a brazilian blowdry?

iwanta8a8y

TTC #3 ;-)
Reaction score
As the title says really, have you had one of these and what did you think? I am thinking of getting it done - however it is expensive so wanted to see if anyone had any good/bad things to say about them.

Sorry, im going to sound really dumb but what the heck is it?! Im a bit curious now! :wacko:

Do you mean Keratin treatment?

I get the feeling this isn't a blow-dry to where I'm thinking. :shrug:

My mom used to have this done to my hair when I was younger. Now I just roll with the curls and frizz because I can't even afford a proper cut & style at the moment.

Yeah thats it, have you had it?

Yup last year few weeks after I gave birth. It was sooo nice at 1st, but when it started fading after 5 months, my hair got thinner, started to tangle, then became sooo dry. I had nice wavy long hair before the treatment, it went straight & shinny for few months, then it got frizzy :(

I tried several creams & treatments afterwards, but nothing helped, so I had to cut my hair to shoulder length last month.

Once you do it, you have to re-apply it every 6 months or you will end up with a damaged hair. xx

Yeah thats it, have you had it?

Yup last year few weeks after I gave birth. It was sooo nice at 1st, but when it started fading after 5 months, my hair got thinner, started to tangle, then became sooo dry. I had nice wavy long hair before the treatment, it went straight & shinny for few months, then it got frizzy :(

I tried several creams & treatments afterwards, but nothing helped, so I had to cut my hair to shoulder length last month.

Once you do it, you have to re-apply it every 6 months or you will end up with a damaged hair. xx

Oh right, thanks for this, so basically if you start it, it is something that you have to keep having if you want nice hair - so need to be sure that i can afford to go for it when it needs doing each time...Hmm, tricky!!

Exactly :)

Here it's also expensive, so it doesnt really worth it. Back home it's 1/4 the cost here as labour cost is cheap. My SIL re-applies it every 6-8 months as it doesnt cost much.

I get the feeling this isn't a blow-dry to where I'm thinking. :shrug:

haha that's what I thought first time I saw it advertised. It was £90 a go and I thought it was a bit steep as there wouldn't be much to blowdry lol

I have thought about it every now and then as I have frizzy hair but if it's reapplied every 6 months, do you not end up with really frizzy regrowth with straight hair at the bottom?

Another one here who thought it was gonna be a rudey :rofl:

How much does it cost anyway?

I haven't but i follow a beauty blog and i remember her having this done and reporting on it :)

https://bubblegarm.blogspot.com/search/label/Hair

I wanted to do this, Ive seen it advertised in my hairdressers for £100 for the first time, then after its like £150 or something but if its something you HAVE to do every 5 months I dont know If I will do it, It would be wonderful not to have to straighten my hair all the time... x

Yeah my hairdressers is £150 - going to try and get them to do a deal if both me and my sister get it done with them - you never know, they might do!

Deffo want to try it, just need to get a good price now...

OP - none of my business really but if that's you in your profile pic, you have the most GORGEOUS hair! Mine's straight and I'd kill for your curls.

But then, isn't that always the way!??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->